LA Galaxy Re-Sign Defender Rolf Feltscher
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy have signed re-signed defender Rolf Feltscher, the club announced today. The 28-year-old Venezuelan international returns for his second season with the club after playing professionally in Germany, Italy and Spain.
"We are pleased to have Rolf return to our backline," said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. "He brings depth, stability and versatility to our defense and we look forward to his contributions to the LA Galaxy in the upcoming season."
Feltscher signed with the LA Galaxy in December 2017 ahead of the 2018 MLS Regular Season. During regular season play with LA, he recorded 15 appearances, making 15 starts, scoring one goal and adding three assists. Feltscher scored his first MLS goal against Toronto FC on Sept. 15, 2018.
Before joining the Galaxy in 2017, the defender made nearly 200 professional appearances for clubs throughout Europe, including competition in La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany) and the Championship (England). He joined the LA Galaxy from Cardiff City of the Championship League.
Born in Switzerland, Feltscher possesses dual citizenship with Venezuela and has made 23 appearances internationally, making his debut in 2011 at the age of 21. Most recently, Feltscher was named to the Venezuelan National Team for a pair of international friendlies against Basque County (Spain) and the United Arab Emirates in October 2018.
Transaction: LA Galaxy sign re-sign defender Rolf Feltscher
Name: Rolf Feltscher
Weight: 163 lbs.
Born: October 6, 1990
Last Club: Cardiff City (England)
Birthplace: BÃ¼lach, Switzerland
Nationality: Switzerland and Venezuela
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 Major League Soccer season at Dignity Health Sports Park are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2019 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2019
- Austin FC to Begin Play in MLS in 2021 - MLS
- LAFC and Defender Walker Zimmerman Agree to New Multi-Year Contract - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Defender Rolf Feltscher - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Head Coach Matias Almeyda Named CONCACAF Coach of the Year - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Signs Matt Hundley and Sam Raben as Homegrown Players - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Announce Changes to Technical Staff - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls Open Preseason Camp Ahead of Champions League Return - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Announces Full 2019 Preseason Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Signs Goalkeeper Trey Muse as Homegrown Player - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Dion Pereira - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Set to Travel to Costa Rica, Tucson for 2019 Preseason Presented by Old Trapper - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Stadium Set to Host Orlando City Invitational During Preseason - Orlando City SC
- Lions Open 2019 Preseason with Inaugural Orlando City Invitational - Orlando City SC
- Revolution to Compete in Inaugural Orlando City Invitational Preseason Tournament - New England Revolution
- New York City FC Announce Preseason Friendly Matches in Orlando - New York City FC
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Preseason Schedule - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Orlando City SC 0 - Friday, May 24, 2019
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U.S. 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster
- LA Galaxy to face Orlando City SC this weekend on UniMas
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, Colorado Rapids 1 - Sunday, May 19, 2019
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Suspended Two Games