New York Red Bulls Open Preseason Camp Ahead of Champions League Return
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls open preseason camp this week in preparation for the 2019 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League and MLS season. Players first report to the Red Bulls Training Facility in East Hanover, N.J., with trips to both Bradenton, Florida and Tucson, Arizona in the coming weeks.
Players will report tomorrow, January 16 for training at RBTF. The first preseason camp in Bradenton will begin on January 21.
Media Note: New York Red Bulls Players and Coaches will be available after training sessions on Wednesday and Thursday at RBTF. Please RSVP with John Gasparoni, email@example.com for start times and additional details.
The Red Bulls return to Florida for the second straight year, this time on the campus of the IMG Academy. New York participated in the IMG tournament in 2015, and last year played an exhibition match against the New England Revolution at IMG.
The Red Bulls will play a series of exhibition matches, as follows:
January 26 - IF Elfsborg, IMG Academy, Time TBD
January 30 - Philadelphia Union, Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex, Time TBD
February 2 - Orlando City SC - IMG Academy, Time TBD
New York will then spend a week at home before departing to Tucson, Arizona to play in the Mobile Mini Sun Cup for the third year in a row. The 2019 Mobile Mini Sun Cup runs from February 6 - February 23.
Matches in the Mobile Sun Mini Cup will be available via livestream. Additional match details, including broadcast information for matches in Florida, will be announced in the coming weeks.
February 10 - Phoenix Rising, Time, Location TBD
February 14 - Real Salt Lake, Kino North Stadium, 1 p.m. MT
* originally scheduled for Feb. 13
February 16 - Portland Timbers, Kino North Stadium, 7 p.m. MT
February 20 - Hartford Athletic, Kino North Stadium, 3 p.m. MT
SCCL - RBNY vs Atletico Pantoja, 9 p.m. ET
February 23 - FC Dallas, Kino North Stadium, 11 a.m. MT
The Red Bulls will remain active in the preseason tournament while focusing on the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League, which begins with Leg 1 of the Round of 16 series against Atletico Pantoja in the Dominican Republic on February 20.
In 2018 similar preseason plans paid off, with a mixture of reserve and NYRB II players earning valuable experience in the Mobile Mini Sun Cup while the Red Bulls took a 3-1 aggregate win over CD Olimpia followed by a 5-1 aggregate win over Club Tijuana in the tournament's semifinals.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2019
- Austin FC to Begin Play in MLS in 2021 - MLS
- LAFC and Defender Walker Zimmerman Agree to New Multi-Year Contract - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Defender Rolf Feltscher - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Head Coach Matias Almeyda Named CONCACAF Coach of the Year - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Signs Matt Hundley and Sam Raben as Homegrown Players - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Announce Changes to Technical Staff - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls Open Preseason Camp Ahead of Champions League Return - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Announces Full 2019 Preseason Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Signs Goalkeeper Trey Muse as Homegrown Player - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Dion Pereira - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Set to Travel to Costa Rica, Tucson for 2019 Preseason Presented by Old Trapper - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Stadium Set to Host Orlando City Invitational During Preseason - Orlando City SC
- Lions Open 2019 Preseason with Inaugural Orlando City Invitational - Orlando City SC
- Revolution to Compete in Inaugural Orlando City Invitational Preseason Tournament - New England Revolution
- New York City FC Announce Preseason Friendly Matches in Orlando - New York City FC
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Preseason Schedule - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.