Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-66)
Game #124: Nashville Sounds (56-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-66)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx (0-3, 7.94) vs. RHP J.D. Martin (3-0, 5.40)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Austin Bibens-Dirkx: 34-year-old Austin Bibens-Dirkx starts for the Sounds tonight. The right-hander is 0-4 with a 7.94 ERA in 6 starts with Nashville. He has covered 28.1 innings and has allowed 35 hits and 13 walks while recording 24 strikeouts. Bibens-Dirkx last pitched on July 31 against El Paso and allowed 6 runs on 6 hits in 4.2 innings. He was placed on the 7-day injured list on August 5. Bibens-Dirkx started his 2019 with the Uni-President Lions of the Chinese Professional Baseball League in Taiwan. He pitched 15 games overseas, starting 9 of them. Overall, he went 2-5 with a 5.28 ERA (46.0 IP/27 ER) and 1.26 WHIP. Bibens-Dirkx split 2018 between Triple-A Round Rock and Texas. In his second season with the Rangers, he went 2-3 with a 6.20 ERA in 13 games (6 starts). He went 3-6 with a 5.68 ERA in 17 games (15 starts) for Round Rock. In 37 MLB games, Bibens-Dirkx is 7-5 with a 5.27 ERA (114.1 IP/67 ER) in 37 games (12 starts). In 341 MiLB games, he's 64-61 with a 4.25 ERA. Bibens-Dirkx was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 16th round of the 2006 MLB Draft.
Palumbo is the Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week: Left-hander Joe Palumbo was named Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week today. The southpaw started one game this past week and tossed six no-hit innings against Omaha on August 15. He walked two and struck out seven in his third win of the season. Patrick Wisdom and Palumbo are the first pair of Nashville teammates to win back-to-back player of the week honors since Caleb Gindl (8/20-26) and Hiram Burgos (8/27-9/3) accomplished the feat in 2012. Palumbo's next start will be tomorrow with Texas.
Solak's Streak Hits 18 Games: Infielder Nick Solak continues to climb Nashville's all-time hitting streak list with three more knocks last night to extend his streak to 18 games. It's tied for the sixth-longest streak by a Sound in the Pacific Coast League era (1998-Present). Adam Hyzdu (26 games in 2001) is the longest Sounds hitting streak during the PCL era. Solak is hitting .432 (32-for-74) with 16 runs, 4 doubles, 6 home runs, 19 RBI and 4 walks during the streak.
Davidson Drills #27: Infielder Matt Davidson crushed his 27th home run of the season in last night's loss. It's a career-high for Davidson, surpassing the 26 he hit with the Chicago White Sox in 2017. The 27 home runs are tied for 10th-most in the Pacific Coast League.
Eight Triples for Granite: Outfielder Zack Granite collected his team-leading 8th triple of the season last night. He's currently tied for 4th-most in the PCL with Sacramento's Abiatel Avelino. Former Sound Jorge Mateo leads the circuit with 14 triples. Granite needs two more triples to reach 10 and join Mateo as the only Sounds in the last 14 years to record at least 10 triples in a season.
What's the word around Nashville?
Triple-A Baseball (@TripleABaseball)
The Pacific Coast League announced today it's Player and Pitcher of the Week for the week of August 12-18. From @epchihuahuas our Player of the Week is Aderlin Rodriguez. From @nashvillesounds our Pitcher of the Week is Joe Palumbo. Full release below: milb.com/pacific-coast/...
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
He tossed six no-hit innings on Thursday and now he's the Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Week. Congrats, @jpalumbo24, and good luck tomorrow! Info: atmilb.com/2KHCTbZ #SoundsRemastered
John Blake (@RangerBlake)
Roster moves: 1B-OF Scott Heineman and RHP Phillips Valdez recalled from Nashville. RHP Adrian Sampson on 10-day IL with lower back muscle spasms. RHP David Carpenter designated for assignment. Roster at 39.
Tim Dillard (@DimothyTillard)
Real teammates buckle each other's seatbelts.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Sounds Score Early to Send Dodgers to 11-5 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Crush Dodgers to Start Road Trip - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Lose to Iowa - San Antonio Missions
- Rea Keeps Winning, Iowa Sinks San Antonio - Iowa Cubs
- Omaha Overwhelms Baby Cakes, 6-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chupacabras Edge Musica 5-4 in Game One Thriller - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Finish Just Short against Round Rock, 5-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Club 'Cakes 6-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aderlin Rodriguez Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Las Vegas Aviators Announce 2020 Home Schedule at Las Vegas BallparkÂ® - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-66) - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators, Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 2020 Triple-A Championship Game - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Musica (59-66) vs Round Rock Chupacabras (75-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Las Vegas Aviators to Host 2020 Triple-A National Championship Game - PCL
- Rodriguez, Palumbo Named PCL Players of the Week for August 12 -18 - PCL
- Joe Palumbo Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Reveal 2020 Season Schedule - Memphis Redbirds
- River Cats' Penultimate Regular Season Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- King Felix Returns to Cheney Stadium on Monday for Rehab Assignment with Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Generating a Blowout Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Power Way Past Isotopes, 7-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aviators Take Series Finale from Isotopes 7-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park