Missions Lose to Iowa
DES MOINES--The Missions road losing streak extended to seven games Monday night as the Iowa Cubs snapped their own four-game skid with a 9-5 win in the series opener at Principal Park.
Former Mission pitcher Collin Rea improved to 13-3 despite allowing five runs in five innings of work. Rea became the first Iowa pitcher in 18 years to win 13 games in a season.
It was a rough night for San Antonio's Trey Supak. The big right hander was charged with five runs in four innings of work before calling it a night. Two-out runs have plagued in him recent outings. Over his last three starts he has surrendered 19 runs, of which 18 have scored with two outs in an inning.
Travis Shaw was 3-for-3 with an rbi-double and a walk for San Antonio, while Tyrone Taylor matched a season high by driving in three runs. Taylor collected a pair of hits to extend his hitting streak to six games, which matches his longest of the year.
San Antonio fell to 1 1/2 games back of Round Rock in the American Southern Division race with just 14 games left to play. The Express held on to beat Memphis 5-4 on Monday night.
The Missions four game series in Iowa continues on Tuesday evening.
LH Brent Suter (0-0, 0.00) vs. RH Alec Mills (6-3, 4.94) 7:08 PM
KONO 860 AM
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Sounds Score Early to Send Dodgers to 11-5 Defeat - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Crush Dodgers to Start Road Trip - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Lose to Iowa - San Antonio Missions
- Rea Keeps Winning, Iowa Sinks San Antonio - Iowa Cubs
- Omaha Overwhelms Baby Cakes, 6-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Chupacabras Edge Musica 5-4 in Game One Thriller - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Finish Just Short against Round Rock, 5-4 - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Club 'Cakes 6-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aderlin Rodriguez Named PCL Player of the Week - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Las Vegas Aviators Announce 2020 Home Schedule at Las Vegas BallparkÂ® - Las Vegas Aviators
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (56-67) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (58-66) - Nashville Sounds
- Aviators, Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 2020 Triple-A Championship Game - Las Vegas Aviators
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Musica (59-66) vs Round Rock Chupacabras (75-49) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Las Vegas Aviators to Host 2020 Triple-A National Championship Game - PCL
- Rodriguez, Palumbo Named PCL Players of the Week for August 12 -18 - PCL
- Joe Palumbo Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Reveal 2020 Season Schedule - Memphis Redbirds
- River Cats' Penultimate Regular Season Homestand Kicks off Tonight - Sacramento River Cats
- King Felix Returns to Cheney Stadium on Monday for Rehab Assignment with Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Generating a Blowout Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Power Way Past Isotopes, 7-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Aviators Take Series Finale from Isotopes 7-2 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.