Musketeers Swing First Trade of Season
Sioux City, IA - Today Sioux City Musketeers completed a trade with the Muskegon Lumberjacks. Sioux City received forward Tyler Hotson and a 2023 Phase 1, 7th round draft pick in exchange for defenseman William Smith, 2006 affiliate forward, Chase Stefanek and a 2023 Phase 1, 4th round draft pick.
Tyler Hotson was playing in his second season with Muskegon. He is currently tied as the Lumberjacks top scorer with 15 points a total that also leads the Musketeers. The Stratford, Ontario native racked up 10 assists and 5 goals across 27 games this season for the fourth place Lumberjacks. Of those goals, two came on the power play.
Committed to RPI, the 5'10 and 179 pound forward played in 60 games for Muskegon last season. He accrued 27 points netting 7 goals with 20 assists.
Across all 77 USHL games, Hotson has racked up 42 points, on 30 assists and 12 goals.
William Smith played in all 17 games for Sioux City through the campaign. He collected a pair of points, both coming on assists and the blue liner had a plus/minus of 6.
The UMass commit was an integral part to the Musketeers during their Clark Cup Championship run. He competed in 24 games for Sioux City last season and dished out 4 assists. He also played in all ten post season games for the Musketeers.
Sioux City hits the road this upcoming weekend beginning on Friday night in Omaha with puck drop scheduled for 7:05 pm. The Musketeers then travel to Des Moines for a Saturday night tilt with the Buccaneers at 6:05 pm. Sioux City's next home game will be against Fargo on Friday, December 9th at 7:05 pm.
Images from this story
Forward Tyler Hotson with the Muskegon Lumberjacks
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2022
- Lancers Get Their Revenge Over The Musketeers - Omaha Lancers
- Harvey's Shorthanded Overtime Winner Lifts Steel - Chicago Steel
- Jacks Rally Twice to Force Overtime, But Fall to Chicago 4-3 in Opener of Two-Game Series - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Three-Goal Second Leads Fargo Past Lincoln - Lincoln Stars
- Stampede Stomps Down Blackhawks' At-Home Win Streak, 6-2, in First Game of Double Header - Sioux Falls Stampede
- The Aftermath: Storm Drops Road Contest to Buccaneers - Tri-City Storm
- One Comeback Not Enough Friday - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Caps Fight Back, Ultimately Fall to USNTDP - Madison Capitols
- Musketeers Swing First Trade of Season - Sioux City Musketeers
- Bevilacqua Makes NCAA Commitment - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Lancers Acquire William Smith from the Muskegon Lumberjacks - Omaha Lancers
- Mac Swanson Added to 2022 U.S. Junior Select Team - Fargo Force
- Capitols Face off against U-17's - Madison Capitols
- Broberg to Waterloo, Lancers Acquire Future Considerations - Omaha Lancers
- Hawks Add Defenseman Broberg - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Gameday Preview - Lincoln Stars
- The Forecast: Storm Set for Showdown at Buccaneer Arena - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.