Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Milwaukee, 2-1
MILWAUKEE, WI - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters were defeated by the Milwaukee Admirals at UW Milwaukee Panther Arena in Milwaukee, WI on Wednesday by a final score of 2-1. With the loss, the Monsters are now 29-26-6-1 overall this season and with 65 points, remain alone in sixth place in the AHL's North Division standings.
Milwaukee claimed a 1-0 lead at 4:30 of the opening period thanks to an even-strength finish from Laurent Dauphin and after a scoreless middle frame, Admirals forward Eeli Tolvanen made it 2-0 Milwaukee with a five-on-five strike at 17:39 of the third.
Less than one minute later, Cleveland's Zac Dalpe drew the Monsters within a goal with a six-on-five tally at 18:22, made possible by feeds from Ryan MacInnis and Doyle Somerby, but Cleveland ultimately fell short by a final of 2-1.
Cleveland goaltender Brad Thiessen fell to 6-5-1 this season following a 16-save performance while Milwaukee's Troy Grosenick improved to 17-14-4 in net this year by virtue of a 29-save showing.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday clash vs. the Chicago Wolves with full coverage, live from Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL, underway at 8:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters tickets for the hottest games of the year on sale now and start at only $10 per seat! Additionally, 2019-20 Monsters Hockey Club memberships, including the best seats for each game, the lowest ticket prices, exclusive year-round benefits and free gear are also on sale now. Visit https://www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/monsters-hockey-club or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
Images from this story
Cleveland Monsters press Milwaukee Admirals goaltender Troy Grosenick
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Kaut's OT Heroics Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Win over Reign - Colorado Eagles
- Laval Rocket Fall 4-2 to Syracuse Crunch - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blank Comets for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Moose in Back and Forth 4-3 Game - Texas Stars
- Hayes Hat Trick Leads Penguins to 4-1 Win at Lehigh Valley - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Froese Scores as Phantoms Fall Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Gilmour Provides Heroics in OT Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Rally Past Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Collect Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Shutout in Divisional Battle with Rochester - Utica Comets
- T-Birds Succumb to Bears' Late Run in 5-3 Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blues Recall Jordan Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wednesday's Colorado Eagles Game to be Played as Scheduled - Colorado Eagles
- Gibson Returned on Loan by Islanders - Bridgeport Islanders
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Former Hobey Baker Finalist Dylan McLaughlin - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Hold Back Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Red Wings Sign Lashoff to Two-Year Contract Extension - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Milwaukee, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Gosselin on Two-Way AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- First Place Condors Return Home Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Sign Gendron to AHL Deal for 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Reign Streak Halted at Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Win Seventh Straight - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Keep Point Streak Alive in 4-3 Overtime Loss to Marlies
- Monsters Win Fourth Straight in 5-1 Victory over Marlies
- Monsters Recall D-Man Olivier LeBlanc from ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance for Season of Giving
- Cleveland's Brendan Gaunce Named AHL Player of the Week