IceHogs Agree to Terms with Former Hobey Baker Finalist Dylan McLaughlin
ROCKFORD, Ill - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have agreed to terms with forward Dylan McLaughlin on a two-year AHL contract that runs through the 2020-21 season.
McLaughlin, 23, recently completed his senior season at Canisius College, where he led the team in scoring with a better than point-per-game average of 40 points (19g, 21a) in 37 NCAA contests as an alternate captain. The 5-11, 185-lbs forward established a career high in goals and his 19 markers ranked tied for ninth in all of Division I hockey for the 2018-19 campaign. He also finished second in the nation with 151 shots on goal and posted 10 multi-point efforts as a senior, including five games with a season high-tying three points.
Last season, the Lancaster, New York native was a finalist for the 2017-18 Hobey Baker Award, which is presented annually to the top player in collegiate hockey, following his standout campaign as a junior. McLaughlin logged a career-best 48 points (17g, 31a) and finished tied for eighth in the nation in total scoring that season, with his 48 points trailing fellow Chicago Blackhawks prospect and Hobey Baker nominee, Dylan Sikura, by just six points. He was also tabbed the Atlantic Hockey Conference (AHC) Player of the Year, AHC scoring champion and named to the All-AHC First Team in 2017-18.
Overall, McLaughlin has combined for 147 points (58g, 89a) in 152 career NCAA contests over his four seasons at Canisius College from 2015-19. He was named one of NCAA.com's Three Stars of the Week three times during his tenure at Canisius and honored as the AHC Player of the Month in October, 2017. In addition, McLaughlin helped the Golden Griffins to an 18-4-6 conference record and the school's first ever first-place finish in the AHC during his sophomore season in 2016-17.
Next Home Game: March 16 vs. Cleveland | 6 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs host Dino Night on March 16 at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a FREE bobblehead of Jane, the T-Rex, which is displayed in Rockford's own Burpee Museum of Natural History, courtesy of Register Star Media.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Kaut's OT Heroics Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Win over Reign - Colorado Eagles
- Laval Rocket Fall 4-2 to Syracuse Crunch - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blank Comets for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Moose in Back and Forth 4-3 Game - Texas Stars
- Hayes Hat Trick Leads Penguins to 4-1 Win at Lehigh Valley - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Froese Scores as Phantoms Fall Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Gilmour Provides Heroics in OT Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Rally Past Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Collect Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Shutout in Divisional Battle with Rochester - Utica Comets
- T-Birds Succumb to Bears' Late Run in 5-3 Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blues Recall Jordan Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wednesday's Colorado Eagles Game to be Played as Scheduled - Colorado Eagles
- Gibson Returned on Loan by Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Former Hobey Baker Finalist Dylan McLaughlin - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Hold Back Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Red Wings Sign Lashoff to Two-Year Contract Extension - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Milwaukee, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Gosselin on Two-Way AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- First Place Condors Return Home Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Sign Gendron to AHL Deal for 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Reign Streak Halted at Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Win Seventh Straight - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Bring An IceHog Home for the Holidays During the Exclusive Online Game-Worn Jersey Auction
- IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is Tomorrow
- Rockford IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale Is this Saturday
- Find Gifts for Everyone and Save up to 60% at the IceHogs' Annual Garage Sale on November 21
- Oink Outfitters Is Open for All of Your IceHogs Holiday Shopping