Amerks Agree to Terms with Gosselin on Two-Way AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season
(Rochester, NY) - Rochester Americans General Manager Randy Sexton announced today that the team has signed defenseman Kurt Gosselin to a two-way American Hockey League contract for the 2019-20 season. Gosselin will join the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL for the remainder of the current season on an Amateur Tryout Contract.
Gosselin, 24, recently completed his senior season at the University of Alabama-Huntsville (WCAA), recording 15 points (4+11) in 25 games for the Chargers while serving as team captain. He enjoyed his best season during the 2016-17 campaign when he was named the program's first ever All-WCHA honoree as a Third Team selection and finished with career-highs in goals (9) and points (18) while ranking second among all Chargers defensemen with nine assists in 30 games.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound blueliner amassed 58 points (20+38) over 118 career games at the University of Alabama-Huntsville.
Prior to his four years at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, the Brighton, Mich., native collected 89 points (26+63) over three seasons with the Alberni Valley Bulldogs of the British Columbia Hockey League and six points (3+3) in 16 postseason contests from 2012-2015.
All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day-of-game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
Images from this story
Defenseman Kurt Gosselin with the University of Alabama-Huntsville
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Kaut's OT Heroics Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Win over Reign - Colorado Eagles
- Laval Rocket Fall 4-2 to Syracuse Crunch - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blank Comets for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Moose in Back and Forth 4-3 Game - Texas Stars
- Hayes Hat Trick Leads Penguins to 4-1 Win at Lehigh Valley - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Froese Scores as Phantoms Fall Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Gilmour Provides Heroics in OT Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Rally Past Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Collect Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Shutout in Divisional Battle with Rochester - Utica Comets
- T-Birds Succumb to Bears' Late Run in 5-3 Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blues Recall Jordan Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wednesday's Colorado Eagles Game to be Played as Scheduled - Colorado Eagles
- Gibson Returned on Loan by Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Former Hobey Baker Finalist Dylan McLaughlin - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Hold Back Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Red Wings Sign Lashoff to Two-Year Contract Extension - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Milwaukee, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Gosselin on Two-Way AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- First Place Condors Return Home Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Sign Gendron to AHL Deal for 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Reign Streak Halted at Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Win Seventh Straight - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.