Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Win Seventh Straight
LOVELAND, CO. - Colorado defenseman Kevin Davis generated two goals and an assist, while goaltender Pavel Francouz stopped 27 of the 28 shots he faced to help lead the Eagles to their seventh-consecutive win with a 5-1 victory over the Ontario Reign on Tuesday. Nine different skaters appeared on the scoresheet for Colorado, as Davis, A.J. Greer and Dominic Toninato all posted multi-point games.
The Eagles opened the scoring on the power play when Davis fired a shot from the blue line that would deflect off an Ontario defenseman and past goaltender Cal Petersen to give Colorado a 1-0 edge just 6:31 into the contest.
The Reign would knot things up when forward Sam Herr collected a pass between the circles and flicked the puck over the shoulder of Francouz to level the score at 1-1 at the 15:24 mark of the first period.
Heading into the second frame the Eagles would blow things open, starting with a centering pass from the left circle that would find the tape of Davis on top of the crease who would direct the puck into the back of the net. The goal would give Colorado a 2-1 advantage at the 7:38 mark of the period.
Just over five minutes later, forward Julien Nantel would dart down the right-wing boards before slicing to the crease and sliding a shot through the leg pads of Petersen to stretch the Eagles lead to 3-1 with 7:11 remaining in the second stanza.
As time ticked down in the period, defenseman Mason Geertsen would launch a wrister from the left point that would weave its way through traffic and into the back of the net to grow Colorado's advantage to 4-1, which the Eagles would carry into the second intermission.
The third period would see Colorado fire another 13 shots on net, including a wrister from the left faceoff dot off the stick of Greer, which would beat Petersen and give the Eagles a 5-1 lead with 6:57 left to play in the contest.
Colorado finished the night going 1-for-5 on the power play and were a perfect 3-for-3 on the penalty kill.
The Eagles return to action when they host the Ontario Reign on Wednesday, March 13th at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center.
Single-game tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and start at just $18 per seat. Purchase your seats today by visiting the Budweiser Events Center box office, online at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the Eagles ticketing department at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Kaut's OT Heroics Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Win over Reign - Colorado Eagles
- Laval Rocket Fall 4-2 to Syracuse Crunch - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blank Comets for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Moose in Back and Forth 4-3 Game - Texas Stars
- Hayes Hat Trick Leads Penguins to 4-1 Win at Lehigh Valley - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Froese Scores as Phantoms Fall Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Gilmour Provides Heroics in OT Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Rally Past Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Collect Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Shutout in Divisional Battle with Rochester - Utica Comets
- T-Birds Succumb to Bears' Late Run in 5-3 Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blues Recall Jordan Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wednesday's Colorado Eagles Game to be Played as Scheduled - Colorado Eagles
- Gibson Returned on Loan by Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Former Hobey Baker Finalist Dylan McLaughlin - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Hold Back Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Red Wings Sign Lashoff to Two-Year Contract Extension - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Milwaukee, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Gosselin on Two-Way AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- First Place Condors Return Home Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Sign Gendron to AHL Deal for 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Reign Streak Halted at Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Win Seventh Straight - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid