First Place Condors Return Home Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Pacific Division leading Bakersfield Condors host the San Diego Gulls on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena at 6:30 p.m. With wins in 20 of 22 games, the Condors lead the division by seven points and have a magic number of 11 points to clinch a playoff berth. Click here to view the "Playoff Primer."
Great seats start at just $12 ($13 on game day) and can be purchased, or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at 10 a.m.). Save money for tonight's game with a Hat Trick Pack.
PROMOTION DETAILS: Kevin won't be here, but win a Kevin Harvick signed die-cast car or hat at the game presented by 107.9 KUZZ and Michelob Ultra. There are many different ticket deals which can save you $4 off your ticket for the game, including if you live in 93308, went to North High School, or wear any Harvick apparel item when purchasing tickets at the box office.
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
EAT & DRINK
Rice & Beans
Chips & Salsa
Chips & Salsa
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with any ticket, must be 21+)
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: LW Joe Gambardella and LW Tyler Benson
The Bakersfield Condors return home for a brief two-game homestand and host the San Diego Gulls. Bakersfield is 3-4-1 against San Diego this season, but has won the last two matchups. Combined, the Condors have outscored San Diego 13-3 in those two games. The season series wraps up in San Diego on March 29. The Condors have a magic number of 11 points to clinch a playoff berth with 12 games remaining. That number decreases with points gained by Bakersfield or failed to be gained by Tucson.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield collected four of a possible six points on a three-game Northern California road trip. The trip finished in San Jose where the Condors beat the Barracuda, 7-1, on Saturday. RW Patrick Russell scored twice, LW Joe Gambardella had two assists, and G Shane Starrett stopped 27 in the win.
San Diego dropped a pair to Colorado at home over the weekend. G Kevin Boyle returned to the net for the Gulls on Saturday and stopped 28 of 30 shots in a 2-0 loss.
SHANE STARS IN 2019
Since January 12, G Shane Starrett is 17-1-0 with a 1.78 goals-against average and a .938 save percentage. His 17 wins are five more than the next closest AHL goaltender. Overall, he is third in the AHL in wins with 23, first in GAA at 2.21, amd second in save percentage at .922.
The second period has been the best for the Condors as they have outscored teams by a 92-56 margin.Overall, the Condors +53 goal differential is second in the AHL, only to Syracuse's +62.
LOCK IT UP
The Condors are 29-1-0 when holding a lead after two periods. Only Rochester and Syracuse have led more after 40 minutes this season.
LW Evan Polei, who has missed the last two Condors losses due to injury, is 18-0-0 in his last 18 games played... LW Joe Gambardella leads the entire AHL with a 30.3% shooting percentage... RW Patrick Russell is fourth in the AHL in plus minus at +28... RW Kailer Yamamoto leads all AHL rookies with a 22.7% shooting percentage... The Condors are 25-5-1 (.823) when scoring first... Bakersfield's home power play is fourth in the AHL at 25.0%.
San Diego's 14 road wins are second most in the Pacific Division... The Gulls are the AHL's fourth-most penalized team at 14.43 PIMs per game... Despite being shutout twice last weekend, the Gulls still boast the league's fourth-best offense at 3.52 goals for per game... RW Sam Carrick is tied for fifth in the AHL with 27 goals.
3/12 - G Dylan Wells recalled from Wichita (ECHL)
3/12 - G Stuart Skinner assigned to Wichita (ECHL)
3/9 - RW Jakob Stukel signed to PTO from the Wichita Thunder
Ontario (7th) @ Colorado (4th)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2019
- Kaut's OT Heroics Keep Win Streak Alive with 3-2 Win over Reign - Colorado Eagles
- Laval Rocket Fall 4-2 to Syracuse Crunch - Laval Rocket
- Amerks Blank Comets for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Moose in Back and Forth 4-3 Game - Texas Stars
- Hayes Hat Trick Leads Penguins to 4-1 Win at Lehigh Valley - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Froese Scores as Phantoms Fall Short - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Erupt Late, Bolt Past T-Birds 5-3 - Hershey Bears
- Gilmour Provides Heroics in OT Again - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Rally Past Rocket, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Devils Collect Point in 4-3 OT Loss at Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Comets Shutout in Divisional Battle with Rochester - Utica Comets
- T-Birds Succumb to Bears' Late Run in 5-3 Defeat - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blues Recall Jordan Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Wednesday's Colorado Eagles Game to be Played as Scheduled - Colorado Eagles
- Gibson Returned on Loan by Islanders - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- IceHogs Agree to Terms with Former Hobey Baker Finalist Dylan McLaughlin - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Hold Back Monsters - Milwaukee Admirals
- Red Wings Sign Lashoff to Two-Year Contract Extension - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Clipped by Admirals in Milwaukee, 2-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Agree to Terms with Gosselin on Two-Way AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season - Rochester Americans
- First Place Condors Return Home Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Senators Sign Gendron to AHL Deal for 2019-20 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Reign Streak Halted at Colorado - Ontario Reign
- Iowa Defeats San Antonio 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Colorado Scores Four Unanswered to Win Seventh Straight - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Win a Keegan Lowe Jersey to Benefit the Mission at Kern County
- Condors Sign Devin Brosseau to Two-Year AHL Contract
- Condors Sign Blake Christensen and Janis Jaks to AHL Contracts
- Condors Sign Penn State Standout Liam Folkes
- American Hockey League Season Suspended