Monarchs Finalize Roster
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, will begin the season with 14 forwards, eight defensemen and two goalies. Forwards Tristan King, Maxim Kitsyn, Geoff Walker and defenseman Alex Roach have been assigned to the ECHL's Ontario Reign.
Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough made the announcement.
King, 23, spent parts of last season with Evansville and Fort Wayne of the ECHL. He totaled 12 goals and 10 assists in 44 games for 22 points in his fourth professional season. The native of Elk River, MN was signed by the Dallas Stars as a free agent in 2009.
For Kitsyn, 22, this marks his second career stint with the Reign after appearing in 33 games for them last season. The winger had four points (3 goals, 1 assist) in 20 games for Manchester last season in his AHL debut. A native of Russia, he was selected by Los Angeles in the sixth round (158th overall) of the 2010 Draft.
Walker, 26, played the majority of last season with Syracuse of the AHL. He tallied six goals and two assists for eight total points in 43 games with the Crunch. Walker also appeared in six games with the ECHL's Florida Everblades (6 goals, 3 assists, 9 points). A native of Charlottetown, PE, he played in 37 games for the Monarchs in 2009-10 and registered 14 points (5 goals, 9 assists).
Roach, 21, returns to the Reign after playing in five games for them last season in his first professional campaign. The 2013 WHL Second Team All-Star was signed by Los Angeles as a free agent in 2011.
Secure your seats for the Monarchs Home Opening Weekend, presented by Manchester Subaru, with the Opening Weekend Pack! Get two great seats for either the Opening Night game on Friday, October 24 against the Portland Pirates or Opening Saturday game on October 25 against the Providence Bruins as the Monarchs drop the puck on their 14th season in Manchester. In addition, you will receive six flex vouchers and a limited edition Opening Weekend puck (exclusive to this package) all for only $185. For more information, visit www.manchestermonarchs.com or call the Monarchs Front Office at (603) 626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2014
- San Antonio Slips Past Iowa 3-2 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Drop Season Opener in Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Blank Griffins 4-0 in Season Opener - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Fall Short in Season Opener - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2014-15 Upstate University Hospital Opening Night Roster - Syracuse Crunch
- D Shayne Taker Reassigned to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Canada's National Men's Team Management Group Named For 2014 Deutschland Cup And 2014 Spengler Cup - Texas Stars
- Wolves Add Sopel and Longpre Before Opening Night - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Open 21st Season Saturday at Allstate Arena - Chicago Wolves
- Gordon, Powe, Stortini Named Phantoms Captains - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Barons Submit Opening Night Roster - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bulldogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Assign Three Players to Elmira - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League's 79th Season Begins Tonight - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce 2014-15 Regular Season Roster - Worcester Sharks
- IceHogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Announce 2014-15 Opening Day Roster & Broadcast Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Canadiens Assign Forward Tim Bozon to the Kootenay Ice - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Recall Michael Kostka from Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monarchs Finalize Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Hershey Bears Announce Opening Night Roster - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Name Gabriel Dumont 13th Captain in Team History - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Comets Announce Opening Night Roster - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Reveal Roster, Start Season Tonight in Providence - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Announce 2014-15 Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.