Canadiens Assign Forward Tim Bozon to the Kootenay Ice
MONTREAL (October 10, 2014) - Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced today that forward Tim Bozon has been assigned to his junior team, the Kootenay Ice of the Western Hockey League. "Tim Bozon has come a long way. He fought a life-threatening disease with courage and determination and we are pleased with what he accomplished in the last few months. He was able to take part in the rookie camp, the Canadiens' official camp and the Hamilton Bulldogs training camp. However, with his progression having been diminished due to illness, we feel that one of the priorities for his long term development is for him to fully regain his physical strength.
We believe that joining the Kootenay Ice in the WHL is the right decision at this time as it will allow Tim to fully recover", said Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin.
Bozon, 20, took part in the Canadiens' rookie camp last September, as well as the Club's main camp. The 6'01'' and 189 lbs forward played in his first professional game on September 26 in Quebec City. Bozon was assigned to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs on September 28. He played in all three preseason games with the Bulldogs against the St. John's Icecaps.
In 63 games with Kamloops and Kootenay in the WHL in 2013-14, Bozon collected 69 points (33 goals, 36 assists). A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Bozon was selected in the third round, 64th overall by the Canadiens at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2014
- San Antonio Slips Past Iowa 3-2 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Drop Season Opener in Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Blank Griffins 4-0 in Season Opener - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Fall Short in Season Opener - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2014-15 Upstate University Hospital Opening Night Roster - Syracuse Crunch
- D Shayne Taker Reassigned to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Canada's National Men's Team Management Group Named For 2014 Deutschland Cup And 2014 Spengler Cup - Texas Stars
- Wolves Add Sopel and Longpre Before Opening Night - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Open 21st Season Saturday at Allstate Arena - Chicago Wolves
- Gordon, Powe, Stortini Named Phantoms Captains - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Barons Submit Opening Night Roster - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bulldogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Assign Three Players to Elmira - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League's 79th Season Begins Tonight - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce 2014-15 Regular Season Roster - Worcester Sharks
- IceHogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Announce 2014-15 Opening Day Roster & Broadcast Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Canadiens Assign Forward Tim Bozon to the Kootenay Ice - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Recall Michael Kostka from Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monarchs Finalize Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Hershey Bears Announce Opening Night Roster - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Name Gabriel Dumont 13th Captain in Team History - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Comets Announce Opening Night Roster - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Reveal Roster, Start Season Tonight in Providence - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Announce 2014-15 Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.