Bulldogs Name Gabriel Dumont 13th Captain in Team History
HAMILTON, ONT. - The Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club announced today forward Gabriel Dumont has been named the 13th captain in team history. The club also named four alternate captains, including forward Jake Dowell and defenceman Greg Pateryn for home games, as well as defencemen Davis Drewiske and Joe Finley for road games.
Dumont, 24, is the longest-serving member of the Bulldogs' active roster. Heading into his fifth full season with the team, the Ville Degelis, Que. native has played all of his 252 career American Hockey League regular season games with Hamilton, over which time he has amassed 109 points (53 goals, 56 assists) and 328 penalty minutes. In 31 career AHL playoff games with the 'Dogs, he has collected 11 points (eight goals, three assists) and 18 penalty minutes. The 5-10, 184-pound forward was an alternate captain for the Bulldogs for the 2013-14 season.
The club's four alternates also bring a demonstrated history of leadership. Dowell, 29, in his first season with the Bulldogs, was an AHL captain with the Rockford IceHogs (2009-10) and the Iowa Wild (2013-14). Drewiske, 29, in his second season with Hamilton, was captain of the University of Wisconsin Badgers in 2007-08 and was also a member of the 2011-12 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings. Finley, 27, in his first season with the 'Dogs, has played five professional seasons and was an AHL alternate captain with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in 2013-14. Pateryn, 24, in his third season with the Bulldogs, was an alternate captain with the University of Michigan Wolverines (2011-12) as well as with the Bulldogs last season.
The Bulldogs open the 2014-15 regular season on Saturday, Oct. 11 when they will visit the Rochester Americans at Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial at 7:05 p.m. The puck drops for Hamilton's home-opening weekend on Friday, Oct. 17, when the 'Dogs host the Toronto Marlies at FirstOntario Centre at 7:30 p.m.
Hamilton Bulldogs 2014-15 season tickets, flex tickets, group tickets and single-game tickets are on sale now. For more information, call 1-866-DOGS-TIX or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com. Catch every Friday night home game live in high definition on Cable 14.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2014
- San Antonio Slips Past Iowa 3-2 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Drop Season Opener in Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Blank Griffins 4-0 in Season Opener - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Fall Short in Season Opener - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2014-15 Upstate University Hospital Opening Night Roster - Syracuse Crunch
- D Shayne Taker Reassigned to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Canada's National Men's Team Management Group Named For 2014 Deutschland Cup And 2014 Spengler Cup - Texas Stars
- Wolves Add Sopel and Longpre Before Opening Night - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Open 21st Season Saturday at Allstate Arena - Chicago Wolves
- Gordon, Powe, Stortini Named Phantoms Captains - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Barons Submit Opening Night Roster - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bulldogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Assign Three Players to Elmira - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League's 79th Season Begins Tonight - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce 2014-15 Regular Season Roster - Worcester Sharks
- IceHogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Announce 2014-15 Opening Day Roster & Broadcast Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Canadiens Assign Forward Tim Bozon to the Kootenay Ice - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Recall Michael Kostka from Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monarchs Finalize Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Hershey Bears Announce Opening Night Roster - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Name Gabriel Dumont 13th Captain in Team History - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Comets Announce Opening Night Roster - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Reveal Roster, Start Season Tonight in Providence - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Announce 2014-15 Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.