Wolves Open 21st Season Saturday at Allstate Arena
The Chicago Wolves launch their pursuit of the 2015 Calder Cup championship at 7 p.m. Saturday versus the Charlotte Checkers at Allstate Arena.
The four-time league champions welcome back 14 players who helped the Wolves earn the 2014 Midwest Division title and advance to the Western Conference semifinals. Right wing TY RATTIE, who shared fourth in the American Hockey League last year with 31 goals, and left wing DMITRIJ JASKIN lead a potent offense that features six players who appeared in National Hockey League games last year.
"I think we've gotten faster and I think we've gotten deeper as a team.
It's the deepest team that I've had here," said head coach JOHN ANDERSON, who directed the Wolves to two Calder Cup and two Turner Cup titles in his first 12 years at the helm. "I've got five lines - plus an extra - that should all be playing in the American Hockey League, if not the National Hockey League."
"We are excited to bring another year of championship-caliber hockey to Chicago hockey fans," said MIKE GORDON, the Wolves president of business operations.
The Wolves are transforming their opening game into a day-long celebration that begins at 2 p.m. with a free, four-hour tailgate party in Allstate Arena's West Lot. The party features food, games and live music. Fans who arrive before 4 p.m. park for free.
The team also kicks off its 14th season of Adopt-A-Dog Nights in conjunction with Chicago's Animal Care and Control. For just $65, fans can be a hero and adopt one of Skates' Sidekicks in the South Lobby during the game. In the first 13 years of the program, Wolves fans have provided forever homes for 1,146 dogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2014
- San Antonio Slips Past Iowa 3-2 - Iowa Wild
- Checkers Drop Season Opener in Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Blank Griffins 4-0 in Season Opener - Cleveland Monsters
- IceCaps Fall Short in Season Opener - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2014-15 Upstate University Hospital Opening Night Roster - Syracuse Crunch
- D Shayne Taker Reassigned to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Canada's National Men's Team Management Group Named For 2014 Deutschland Cup And 2014 Spengler Cup - Texas Stars
- Wolves Add Sopel and Longpre Before Opening Night - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Open 21st Season Saturday at Allstate Arena - Chicago Wolves
- Gordon, Powe, Stortini Named Phantoms Captains - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Barons Submit Opening Night Roster - Oklahoma City Barons
- Bulldogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Amerks Assign Three Players to Elmira - Rochester Americans
- American Hockey League's 79th Season Begins Tonight - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Announce 2014-15 Regular Season Roster - Worcester Sharks
- IceHogs Announce Opening Night Roster - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Announce 2014-15 Opening Day Roster & Broadcast Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Canadiens Assign Forward Tim Bozon to the Kootenay Ice - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Recall Michael Kostka from Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monarchs Finalize Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- Hershey Bears Announce Opening Night Roster - Hershey Bears
- Bulldogs Name Gabriel Dumont 13th Captain in Team History - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Comets Announce Opening Night Roster - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Reveal Roster, Start Season Tonight in Providence - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Announce 2014-15 Opening Night Roster - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Chicago Wolves Unveil 2020-21 Schedule
- Chicago Wolves Add First-Rounder Dominik Bokk
- Chicago Wolves Receive 13 from Carolina
- Chicago Wolves Partner with the #SameHere Global Mental Health Movement to Create Project Thrive
- Chicago Wolves Add Nashville Affiliation for 2020-21