Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
Summerlin, NV - Anthony Misiewicz missed quite a few bats on Saturday, punching out 10 Las Vegas hitters over six strong innings leading the Rainiers to a 3-2 victory over Las Vegas and grabbing his eighth win on the season for Tacoma.
Misiewicz (8-6) surrendered five hits and three walks but allowed just one run in his sixth quality start with the Rainiers. The 24-year-old capped an overpowering month of August with a 3-0 record and a 1.57 ERA in five starts. In five of his last six starts, the southpaw has gone five or more innings and given up one or no runs.
The Rainiers started the scoring in the first inning when Shed Long put Tacoma on the board with a leadoff home run off Grant Holmes.
The Aviators then tied the ballgame at one before the Rainiers came back to re-take the lead in the sixth inning. Tacoma scored on an RBI single off the bat of Jordan Pacheco, bringing the score to 2-1 in favor of the Rainiers.
Tacoma kept Las Vegas off the scoreboard before building their lead to 3-1 in the eighth inning when the Rainiers picked up a run on Eric Filia's leadoff home run off Miguel Romero.
The Rainiers gave up one Las Vegas run in the ninth but Matt Carasiti left the potential tying and winning runs in scoring position to end the game, earning the save.
Offensively, Tacoma was paced by Filia, who went 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and an RBI, marking the second time Filia has gone yard this season. Long compiled a standout day at the dish as well, going 1-for-4 with a home run and an RBI, his ninth long ball of the year. Pacheco also contributed for the Rainiers, going 2-for-4 with an RBI.
Ryan Garton was excellent out of the bullpen as well for the Rainiers, throwing one scoreless inning while limiting Las Vegas to one hit, walking none and striking out one.
As a unit, Tacoma scored their three runs on nine hits, four of which went for extra bases, including two home runs. The Rainiers also drew two free passes from Las Vegas pitchers.
The Rainiers continue their series with the Aviators on Sunday at 7:05 PM PDT at Las Vegas Ballpark. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850.
For inquiries regarding season tickets and hospitality options for the upcoming 2020 season, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found on WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), on Instagram (@tacomarainiers) and by liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Tacoma Rainiers pitcher Anthony Misiewicz
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Express Topple Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Complete Largest Comeback of the Season - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Fall in Penultimate Game of 2019 - Reno Aces
- River Cats toss shutout to push Chihuahuas to the brink - Sacramento River Cats
- Chupacabras Calm Cazadores de Tormentas 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- Dillard Dazzles in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Sounds Sink Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Rios Homers and Drives in Five Runs in Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Holds on for 6-5 Victory over Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Late But Just Short at Iowa, 6-5 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 1, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (69-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-65) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Fall 3-2 to Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Overton Razor Sharp in Beating Sacramento - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ward and Grizzlies claw past Isotopes 4-2 Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Cueto superb in second rehab start with Sacramento - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Second in a Row from Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Tacoma Rainiers Tickets on Sale Now for "Welcome Homestand"
- Brown Returning to Tacoma, New Pitching Coach Marks Lone Change to Field Staff in 2020
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas