Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-58)
Game #137: Nashville Sounds (64-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-58)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (8-9, 4.80) vs. RHP Bubba Derby (7-7, 4.77)
First Pitch: 6:15 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 5:15 p.m.
Labor Day Club Level All-You-Can-Eat Cookout - Tickets start at $60 for a Club Level ticket and includes a ticket to the game, all-you-can-eat buffet on the Budweiser Deck, Budweiser and Bud Light draft beer, soda, water & tea, commemorative Sounds Rally Towel (while supplies last) and exclusive access to the Brauer Club Lounge. The all-you-can-eat-buffet is available from 5:15-7:15 p.m. and beer is available until last call.
Fans can enjoy the game from the most luxurious area at First Tennessee Park in the Field Suites directly behind home plate. The Field Suites offer the closest view of the game, a social area behind the seats and a climate-controlled suite with flat-screen TVs. Individual Field Suite tickets start at $40 plus tax.
Middle Tennessee Hyundai Dealers pre-game autograph session with select Sounds players from 5:15 to 5:30 p.m.
Postgame Kids (12 & under) Run the Bases presented by First Tennessee.
Celebrate Labor Day Weekend with the final postgame fireworks show of the season.
From the Notes
Tim Dillard: 36-year-old Tim Dillard starts for the Sounds tonight. The right-hander is 8-9 with a 4.80 ERA in 32 games (20 starts) in 2019. Dillard's 4.80 ERA is the eighth-lowest in the Pacific Coast League and the 146.1 innings he has thrown is fourth-most. His last time out was on August 27 in a start against Omaha. He was tagged with the loss after he allowed 6 runs on 9 hits. He didn't walk any batters and struck out 5. Dillard is the Nashville Sounds all-time leader in innings pitched (703.0), wins (47), strikeouts (428), runs allowed (393), home runs allowed (61), walks (232) and games (241). In his career, Dillard has pitched in 73 big league games and 510 minor league games. He signed a minor-league free agent contract with the Texas Rangers on December 21, 2018.
100-RBI Man: Matt Davidson knocked in four runs last night to bring his season total to 100 RBI. He is the fourth player in team history to hit the 100-RBI mark in a season, joining Steve Balboni (122 in 1980), Drew Denson (103 in 1993) and Drew Denson (103 in 1994). Davidson drove in 30 runs in the month of August - the second-most by a Sounds player in a single month in the PCL era (1998-present). Only Chad Hermansen (33 in July of 1999) has knocked in more than Davidson in a single month.
Dillard's 69th Start: Tim Dillard makes his 69th start in a Sounds uniform tonight. The 69 starts by Dillard is the third-most in team history behind only Hugh Kemp (73, 1987-89) and Keith Brown (72, 1988-92). Dillard made 16 starts in 2007, 24 in 2009, 8 in 2010 and his 21st of the season tonight. The right-hander is six strikeouts shy of 1,000 in the minor leagues.
August Arms: A large part of Nashville's successful month of August (19-9 record) was the pitching. Both the starters and bullpen posted the lowest ERA of any month in 2019. Nashville starters went 10-4 with a 4.41 ERA while the bullpen posted a record of 9-5 with a 4.81 ERA. Starters also posted 11 quality starts, by far the most in any month.
What's the word around Nashville?
John Blake (@RangerBlake)
Roster additions: 1B Ronald Guzman and RHP Ian Gibaut recalled from Nashville. OF Nomar Mazara and RHP Adrian Sampson activated from 10 day IL. LHP Jeffrey Springs and RHP Edinson Volquez activated from 60-day IL. RHP Pedro Payano and LHP Locke St. John designated for assignment
Jeff Hem (@JeffHemPBP)
And with a sac fly in the 5th to give the @nashvillesounds a 6-5, Matt Davidson has 4 RBIs tonight and 100 on the year. Updated single-season Sounds RBI list: 1. Steve Balboni 122 in '80 2. Drew Denson 103 in '93 2. Drew Denson 103 in '94 4. MATT DAVIDSON 100 in '19
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Express Topple Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Complete Largest Comeback of the Season - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Fall in Penultimate Game of 2019 - Reno Aces
- River Cats toss shutout to push Chihuahuas to the brink - Sacramento River Cats
- Chupacabras Calm Cazadores de Tormentas 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- Dillard Dazzles in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Sounds Sink Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Rios Homers and Drives in Five Runs in Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Holds on for 6-5 Victory over Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Late But Just Short at Iowa, 6-5 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 1, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (69-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-65) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Fall 3-2 to Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Overton Razor Sharp in Beating Sacramento - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ward and Grizzlies claw past Isotopes 4-2 Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Cueto superb in second rehab start with Sacramento - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Second in a Row from Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds' 2020 Holiday Bundle on Sale Now
- Nashville Sounds to Host Blood Drive at First Horizon Park
- Nashville Sounds Announce Season Ticket Member Deposit Campaign for 2021 Season
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups