Bees Complete Largest Comeback of the Season
The Salt Lake Bees erased an early six-run deficit to down the Reno Aces 7-6 on Sunday night.
The Aces collected six runs on six hits in the first inning to take a commanding 6-0 lead.
The Bees scored one in the bottom of the first on a sacrifice fly and scored two runs in the second to cut the lead to 6-3. Salt Lake kept up their offensive attack in the fourth and took a 7-6 lead after plating four runs. The Bees pitching staff held the Aces scoreless for eight straight frames to secure game three of the series.
Jason Alexander (3-5) got the start for the Bees and took the winning decision. Alexander allowed six runs on 10 hits while walking three and striking out one, but kept the Aces off the scoreboard after the big first inning. Ryan Clark relieved Alexander and threw two scoreless innings. Taylor Cole tossed a scoreless eighth inning and Zac Ryan closed out the game to earn his third save this season. Roberto Pena led the Bees bats after going 2-for-3 with two RBI and two runs. Angels #1 prospect Jo Adell went 2-for-5 with one RBI, one run and a double and Kaleb Cowart finished with three hits with a RBI. With the Bees overcoming a six-run deficit, it marked the club's biggest comeback in a victory this season.
The Bees finish the 2019 season on Monday with a 1:05 p.m. Labor Day start and will return to Smith's Ballpark next April to being the 2020 season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Express Topple Chasers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Complete Largest Comeback of the Season - Salt Lake Bees
- Aces Fall in Penultimate Game of 2019 - Reno Aces
- River Cats toss shutout to push Chihuahuas to the brink - Sacramento River Cats
- Chupacabras Calm Cazadores de Tormentas 5-3 - Round Rock Express
- Dillard Dazzles in Front of Sellout Crowd - Nashville Sounds
- Sounds Sink Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Rios Homers and Drives in Five Runs in Dodgers Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-72) vs. San Antonio Missions (80-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Holds on for 6-5 Victory over Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Rally Late But Just Short at Iowa, 6-5 - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 1, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (69-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-65) - Memphis Redbirds
- Aviators Fall 3-2 to Tacoma - Las Vegas Aviators
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Overton Razor Sharp in Beating Sacramento - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ward and Grizzlies claw past Isotopes 4-2 Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Cueto superb in second rehab start with Sacramento - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies Take Second in a Row from Isotopes - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ