Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win
KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- For the second straight game A.J. Miller came through with a clutch eighth-inning swing, and the Saltdogs capitalized on some sloppy T-Bones play in the ninth to come back and win 9-7 in front of 4,951 fans at CommunityAmerica Ballpark Tuesday night.
With two strikes and two outs in the bottom of the eighth, Miller launched a two-run double to right center to draw the Saltdogs to within a run at 7-6.
Lincoln loaded the bases with nobody out in the top of the ninth, then scored three runs on consecutive infield errors by Kansas City to take a 9-7 lead.
Travis Parker (1-0) worked 1 1/3 scoreless innings, allowing one hit to earn his first professional win.
Mike Mehlich (1-2) allowed three runs - one earned - on one hit to take the loss.
David Espinosa and Stephen Holdren each produced two-hit performances. P.J. Zocchi worked a perfect ninth to book his 21st save, matching last season's total.
The clubs are back at it Wednesday night at 7:05 p.m. for game two of the three-game set. Justin Edwards (4-6, 5.42) will square off against Shaun Garceau (7-4, 2.82). Radio coverage begins at 6:35 p.m. on KFOR 1240.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2012
- Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip - Laredo Lemurs
- Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Extend AirHogs Slide in Bizarre Fashion - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Cruise Past Goldeyes, 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Shut Out Wingnuts To Move Up In Standings - El Paso Diablos
- Goldeyes Get Behind Early, Lose in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Does in Saints in 5-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Pheasants Trade Van Leur, Add Rookie Arm - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Stun Saints in Ninth - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones, CommunityAmerica Reach Agreement to Extend Stadium Naming Rights - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.