Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip
Laredo, TX - The Laredo Lemurs (40-41) rolled off the bus with their hitting shoes on as they racked up seven runs in the first four innings to beat the Sioux Falls Pheasants (35-46) 9-5 on Tuesday night at Sioux Falls Stadium.
The Lemurs offense was led by Palmer Karr Jr. who went three for five, with a single, a double, and a homerun which helped extend the Lemurs lead to 8-5 in the ninth. Palmer ended the night with two runs scored and three RBI's.
John Allen also stayed hot for the Lemurs, going two for five, with a double, a run scored, and a RBI. Allen was named the American Association Player of the Week for the week ending August 12th . In that time Allen went 18 for 28 with a .643 batting average, he also posted six runs, four doubles, a homerun, and seven RBI's during his hot week.
Matt Way (8-6) continued to be the a top notch pitcher for the Lemurs, as he set the tone for the defense throwing four shutout innings, before the Pheasants were able to break through for one in the fifth. Way ended the day with his eighth win of the season as he went six and two thirds, giving up five runs, on six hits, with four walks, and eight strikeouts.
The 36 year old Barry Fowler (1-2) took the loss for the Pheasants, going six and two thirds, giving up 7 runs, on 11 hits, while striking out two.
With the win the Lemurs sit 3.5 games back of the Grand Prairie Airhogs in the American Association South.
The Laredo Lemurs will be on this six game road trip that take them through Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Kansas City, Kansas. The Lemurs will be home for a six game home stand starting on August 21st . You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2012
- Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip - Laredo Lemurs
- Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Extend AirHogs Slide in Bizarre Fashion - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Cruise Past Goldeyes, 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Shut Out Wingnuts To Move Up In Standings - El Paso Diablos
- Goldeyes Get Behind Early, Lose in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Does in Saints in 5-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Pheasants Trade Van Leur, Add Rookie Arm - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Stun Saints in Ninth - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones, CommunityAmerica Reach Agreement to Extend Stadium Naming Rights - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.