Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss
WICHITA, KS- The Wichita Wingnuts (47-35) lost 6-0 to the El Paso Diablos (39-40) at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium on Tuesday night.
El Paso broke a scoreless tie with four runs in the top of the eighth inning. Fernando Valenzuela Jr. looped a single to center field leading off and took second on Jermy Acey's bunt single up the first base line. A balk moved runners to second and third before Zane Chavez snapped the tie with a two-run, ground rule double over the right field fence. After a passed ball and a walk to Daniel Nelson, Jared Simon relieved Wingnuts' starter Ryan Hinson. J.J. Muse walked to load the bases with no outs, allowing El Paso to add two more runs on a Maikol Gonzalez RBI groundout and a Reid Fronk sacrifice fly.
El Paso added two more runs in the top of the ninth on an error and a groundball RBI single from Nelson.
Ryan Hinson took a tough loss, allowing four earned runs in seven-plus innings. Hinson gave up five hits, walked one, and struck out four. Hinson kept the Diablos scoreless over the first seven innings on just 58 pitches.
Marcel Prado recorded a four-out save for El Paso. Justin Harper earned the win in relief with one and one-third scoreless innings.
Reyes Dorado started and took a no-decision for El Paso, allowing no runs and five hits in six innings. Dorado walked two and struck out one.
Wichita had one runner past second base in the loss. Jake Kahaulelio, Wilson Batista, and C.J. Ziegler each had two hits.
The series continues on Wednesday night at 7:05 p.m. Josh Lowey faces right-hander David Casillas. Individual tickets can be purchased by calling (316) 755-SEAT, or by visiting www.selectaseat.com
For season tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Wingnuts' main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts' official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2012
- Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip - Laredo Lemurs
- Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Extend AirHogs Slide in Bizarre Fashion - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Cruise Past Goldeyes, 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Shut Out Wingnuts To Move Up In Standings - El Paso Diablos
- Goldeyes Get Behind Early, Lose in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Does in Saints in 5-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Pheasants Trade Van Leur, Add Rookie Arm - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Stun Saints in Ninth - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones, CommunityAmerica Reach Agreement to Extend Stadium Naming Rights - Kansas City Monarchs
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.