Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls
WINNIPEG - Winnipeg Goldeyes manager Rick Forney announced today that the baseball club has acquired left-handed pitcher Jack Van Leur from the Sioux Falls Pheasants in exchange for two players to be named later.
Van Leur, 24, went 3-1 with a 3.78 ERA in 39 appearances out of the bullpen for the Pheasants this season and held opposing left-handed hitters to a .154 batting average. The second-year rookie played in 18 games with the Brockton Sox of the Can-Am League last season.
In a separate move, the Goldeyes have released left-handed pitcher rookie Daniel Morari.
The Goldeyes now have 20 players on their roster, including 10 pitchers and 10 position players.
Great seats for the game are available by clicking on Ticketmaster.ca, calling 1-855-GOLDEYE or visiting any Ticketmaster location, including the one at Shaw Park.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2012
- Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip - Laredo Lemurs
- Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Extend AirHogs Slide in Bizarre Fashion - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Cruise Past Goldeyes, 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Shut Out Wingnuts To Move Up In Standings - El Paso Diablos
- Goldeyes Get Behind Early, Lose in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Does in Saints in 5-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Pheasants Trade Van Leur, Add Rookie Arm - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Stun Saints in Ninth - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones, CommunityAmerica Reach Agreement to Extend Stadium Naming Rights - Kansas City Monarchs
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.