American Association Game Recap
August 14, 2012 - American Association (AA) News Release
Gary SouthShore 5, St. Paul 2
Leading 2-0 entering the top of the ninth, the St. Paul Saints seemed poised to squeak past Gary SouthShore. The chance for a RailCats rally looked slim, as the visitors had yet to string together multiple hits in an inning. But the RailCats finally came together in the ninth, scoring five runs on four hits to stun the Saints 5-2. Shortstop Zac Mitchell delivered the heroic blow with an RBI single to score the go-ahead run.
The ninth began with a walk and a single to put runners on first and second. A single by LF Trevor Willis scored pinch runner Eric Suttle for the RailCats first run and St. Paul made the move to the bullpen. RHP Dustin Klabunde entered the difficult situation for RHP Nick Carr and retired the first batter he faced. The reliever, however, could not keep the RailCats at bay. Gary SouthShore 3B Brian Kolb scored the tying run on two wild pitches, setting up Mitchell. The shortstop came up with runners on first and third following an intentional walk to RF Adam Klein and Mitchell made the Saints pay. He singled to center to score Willis with the go-ahead run. The RailCats added a pair more for the win.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2012
- Miller Time, T-Bones Slop Land 'Dogs Comeback Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Rake in First Game of Road Trip - Laredo Lemurs
- Hinson Outstanding in Tough Loss - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Extend AirHogs Slide in Bizarre Fashion - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Cruise Past Goldeyes, 8-2 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos Shut Out Wingnuts To Move Up In Standings - El Paso Diablos
- Goldeyes Get Behind Early, Lose in Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Fish Add Lefty Van Leur from Sioux Falls - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Does in Saints in 5-2 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- Pheasants Trade Van Leur, Add Rookie Arm - Sioux Falls Canaries
- RailCats Stun Saints in Ninth - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- T-Bones, CommunityAmerica Reach Agreement to Extend Stadium Naming Rights - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Results - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.