Mavericks Sign D Blake Forsyth, Place Bochek On Suspension
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks Head Coach Scott Hillman announced today the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed defenseman Blake Forsyth and placed forward Kyle Bochek on team suspension.
Forsyth, 30 (9/4/79), comes to Missouri having played his last two seasons in Europe. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound defenseman played his rookie season in the CHL with the Wichita Thunder before playing three seasons in the ECHL with the Idaho Steelheads. A native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Forsyth played collegiately at the University of Manitoba. He has played in 41 playoff games in North America including a 17-game playoff run en route to the Kelly Cup Championship with the Steelheads.
"Blake will be a huge impact for us," said Hillman. "He is a big, strong, solid defensive defenseman with championship experience. Our focus all year has been to improve our team defensively and Blake is another step in the right direction.-
Bochek, 21 (3/11/88), was placed on team suspension and played in just 18 games this season with the Mavericks after battling through three separate injuries. The Port Severn, Ontario native had limited playing time and requested to leave the team.
"We are sad to see Kyle go," remarked Hillman. "He is a great person, but we wanted to grant his request to go play in another league in which he will be able to get more playing time. He has been an excellent member to our team and our community all season.-
The Mavericks take on the Tulsa Oilers tonight before returning to Independence Events Center on Sunday to take on Mississippi. It is the only Sunday home game this season for Missouri and the game will be televised on Metro Sports. For tickets to Sunday's game, call (866) 443-8849 or visit
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 6, 2010
- Greg Pankewicz and Mike Mastovich featured on this week's Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Americans clinch home ice for Conference Semi-Finals in 2-1 SO loss to RiverKings - Allen Americans
- Mavs Lose Tight Game to Oilers in Shootout, 3-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Fall to Gorillas, 7-5, in Offensive Battle - Arizona Sundogs
- Five-Goal Second Period Dooms Rush in 7-3 Loss to Brahmas - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Gain Ground With 4-2 Win - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Claim Shootout Win In Allen - Mississippi RiverKings
- Morissette's hat-trick leads Amarillo to victory - Amarillo Gorillas
- Eagles Edge Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Mudbugs Drop Third Straight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jacks Top Laredo in Marathon Shootout, 5-4 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Let One Slip in Shootout, Fall To Fourth - Laredo Bucks
- Goals Come A Plenty; Brahmas Beat Rush 7-3 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Sign D Blake Forsyth, Place Bochek On Suspension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mangos Named CHL Award Finalist - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- RiverKings Continue Weekend Series In Allen Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Three Rush Players Nominated For Year-End Awards - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Bucks On Playoff Door Step Tonight - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.