Mavericks Acquire Defenseman Kris Myllari
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced on Sunday that defenseman Kris Myllari has been traded from the Utah Grizzlies for his rights.
Myllari, a six-foot-two, 190-pound, 24-year-old defenseman from Kanata, Ontario joins the Mavericks after starting the season with the Utah Grizzlies. Last season, Myllari finished his collegiate career at Penn State University, where he tallied 10 points on two goals and eight assists.
"Kris is a talented puck moving d-man that was a staple at Penn State," Head Coach Tad O'Had said. "He should be a strong addition to our already strong D core."
In four seasons at Penn State University, Myllari had 62 points on 19 goals and 43 assists in 149 games.
The Mavericks face off against the Wichita Thunder today at 4:05 p.m. at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 21, 2021
- Wichita Closes Weekend with Another 2-1 Win - Wichita Thunder
- Special Teams Send Komets to Win in Weekend Finale - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Defeated by Wichita Sunday, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Henry's Hat Trick Leads Grizzlies to 4-3 Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Fuel Salvage Weekend, Take 2 of 3 over Bits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Christopoulos Shutout Hands Indy Second Straight Win - Indy Fuel
- Mavericks Acquire Defenseman Kris Myllari - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - February 21 - ECHL
- Mavs Game Preview February 21 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Fuel, 3:05 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Win 5-4 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Oilers Fall to Thunder 2-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Gain Crucial Point in Overtime Loss to Grizzlies - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.