Marlies Host Crunch for Family Day Game
The Toronto Marlies (26-18-5-3) are back home this afternoon to host the Syracuse Crunch (30-15-2-2) for their Family Day Game at Scotiabank Arena.
Fresh off a win over Springfield on Saturday, the Marlies will be looking to make it two in a row and extend their season series lead against Syracuse to 3-1. The Crunch have lost three of their last five and will be looking to bounce back from a 3-2 loss to Rochester.
A crucial two points are for grabs today as a tight North Division playoff race continues. Four points separate these North Division rivals in the division standings as the Crunch sit second with 64 points, and the Marlies fourth with 60. Despite an 8-1 loss back on December 12th, the Marlies have had a strong showing against the Crunch this season with a 4-1 victory on October 26thand a 5-2 win on January 5th.
Players to watch: Jeremy Bracco sits one point behind Chris Mueller for the lead in team scoring. He's registered six points in his past seven games and is tied for second amongst AHL skaters in assists with 35. Defenceman Calle Rosen is fifth amongst active skaters and second amongst defencemen in assists with 34. He's registered a point in three consecutive games.
Puck drops at 3:00 PM on Leafs Nation Network and AHLTV. Fans will also be able to stream the game live in the Maple Leafs App. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for behind-the-scenes action from Scotiabank Arena.
Head to Head (2018-19 Regular Season)
26-18-5-3 Overall Record 30-15-2-2
2-1-0-0 Head To Head 1-2-0-0
Win 1 Streak Loss 1
180 Goals For 175
177 Goals Against 127
22.9% Power Play Percentage 21.3%
78.4% Penalty Kill Percentage 84.0%
C. Mueller (24) Leading Goal Scorer C. Verhaeghe (22)
C. Mueller (51) Leading Points Scorer C. Verhaeghe (55)
E. McAdam (9) Wins Leader E. Pasquale (15)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2019
- Hot Hogs Roll to 8th Win in 10 Games with 5-2 Victory over Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire Defenseman Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Gear up for the Road with a Win - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Score Four Unanswered, Win 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Cal O'Reilly from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Closes Trip with 5-2 Setback - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Fall 4-3 to Belleville Senators in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Fall Short against Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Insider: Four Home Games in Six Days - Chicago Wolves
- Currie Earns First NHL Recall to Edmonton - Bakersfield Condors
- Marlies Rally Past Crunch, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Beats Laval in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- 'Stretch Drive Hat Trick Pack' on Sale Now for Remaining Roadrunners Regular Season Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Kyle Rau to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Assign Powell to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Host Crunch for Family Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Josh Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center February 23 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers to Host Miracle on Ice Night Friday - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.