Rangers Acquire Defenseman Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland
NEW YORK - New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has acquired defenseman Darren Raddysh from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Peter Holland.
Raddysh, 22 (turns 23 on February 28), has skated in 54 games with the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season, registering eight goals and 18 assists for 26 points, along with a plus-six rating and 20 penalty minutes. He has established AHL career-highs in several categories this season, including goals, assists, and points. Among AHL defensemen younger than 23 years old in 2018-19, Raddysh is tied for fifth in goals and is tied for eighth in points. He ranks second on Rockford in assists, is tied for second in plus/minus rating, and ranks fifth in points this season. In addition, Raddysh leads IceHogs defensemen in assists, points, and plus/minus rating, and is tied for first among IceHogs defensemen in goals in 2018-19.
The 6-1, 200-pounder has skated in 120 AHL games over two seasons (2016-17 and 2017-18), both with Rockford, registering 13 goals and 35 assists for 48 points, along with a plus-16 rating and 46 penalty minutes. Prior to beginning his professional career, Raddysh played parts of five seasons of junior hockey (2012-13 - 2016-17) with the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), registering 41 goals and 143 assists for 184 points, along with a plus-135 rating and 210 penalty minutes in 272 games.
In his final season of junior hockey in 2016-17, Raddysh recorded 81 points (16 goals, 65 assists) and posted a plus-62 rating in 62 games. He was named the winner of the Max Kaminsky Trophy as the OHL's Most Outstanding Defenseman and was named to the OHL's First All-Star Team in 2016-17, and he led all OHL defensemen in points during the season. In addition, Raddysh helped Erie win the OHL Championship, as he recorded 22 points (eight goals, 14 assists) and posted a plus-14 rating in 22 games during the OHL Playoffs. He also tallied eight points (three goals, five assists) and posted a plus-five rating in five games during the 2017 Memorial Cup, as he helped Erie advance to the Memorial Cup Final, and he was also named to the CHL's Memorial Cup All-Star Team.
The Toronto, Ontario native was originally signed by Rockford as an undrafted free agent to an AHL contract on June 20, 2017, and he agreed to terms on an NHL contract with the Blackhawks on May 21, 2018.
Holland has skated in 52 games with the Rangers' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack, this season, registering 20 goals and 29 assists for 49 points, along with 50 penalty minutes. He skated in 23 games with the Rangers during the 2017-18 season, recording one goal and three assists for four points, along with seven penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2019
- Hot Hogs Roll to 8th Win in 10 Games with 5-2 Victory over Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire Defenseman Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Gear up for the Road with a Win - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Score Four Unanswered, Win 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Cal O'Reilly from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Closes Trip with 5-2 Setback - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Fall 4-3 to Belleville Senators in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Fall Short against Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Insider: Four Home Games in Six Days - Chicago Wolves
- Currie Earns First NHL Recall to Edmonton - Bakersfield Condors
- Marlies Rally Past Crunch, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Beats Laval in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- 'Stretch Drive Hat Trick Pack' on Sale Now for Remaining Roadrunners Regular Season Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Kyle Rau to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Assign Powell to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Host Crunch for Family Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Josh Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center February 23 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers to Host Miracle on Ice Night Friday - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.