Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Kyle Rau to Iowa
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned forward Kyle Rau to the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Rau, 26, was recalled by Minnesota on Feb. 4 and recorded one assist and 11 hits in six games with the Wild. He has also tallied 30 points (14g, 16a) in 45 games with Iowa this season, including nine power-play goals. The 5-foot-8, 176-pound native of Eden Prairie, has collected five points (2g, 3a) in 42 career NHL games with Florida and Minnesota and played in one Stanley Cup Playoff game with the Wild last season. Rau owns 138 points (66g, 72a) in 232 career AHL contests.
Iowa begins a three-game homestand Tuesday evening with a contest against the Texas Stars. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2019
- Hot Hogs Roll to 8th Win in 10 Games with 5-2 Victory over Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire Defenseman Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Gear up for the Road with a Win - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Score Four Unanswered, Win 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Cal O'Reilly from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Closes Trip with 5-2 Setback - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Fall 4-3 to Belleville Senators in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Fall Short against Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Insider: Four Home Games in Six Days - Chicago Wolves
- Currie Earns First NHL Recall to Edmonton - Bakersfield Condors
- Marlies Rally Past Crunch, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Beats Laval in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- 'Stretch Drive Hat Trick Pack' on Sale Now for Remaining Roadrunners Regular Season Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Kyle Rau to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Assign Powell to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Host Crunch for Family Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Josh Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center February 23 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers to Host Miracle on Ice Night Friday - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.