Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The American Hockey League announced today that Sound Tigers forward Josh Ho-Sang has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending February 17, 2019.
Ho-Sang scored four times and added two assists (six points) in two games with the Sound Tigers last week.
Ho-Sang had two goals in 37 AHL games this season before tripling that output over the weekend. His goal on Saturday helped the Sound Tigers rally for a 4-3 overtime victory against Hartford in a game that Bridgeport trailed on three separate occasions. Then on Sunday, Ho-Sang notched his first career hat trick and set a personal best (and tied a franchise record) with five points as Bridgeport erased a 3-1 deficit and defeated league-leading Charlotte, 7-3.
The 23-year-old Ho-Sang has totaled 32 points (six goals, 26 assists) in 39 games with the Sound Tigers in 2018-19, his third pro campaign. A first-round selection (28th overall) by the New York Islanders in the 2014 NHL Draft, Ho-Sang also has one goal and one assist in 10 NHL contests this season. The Toronto native has 99 points (24 goals, 75 assists) in 139 career AHL games with the Sound Tigers, as well as seven goals and 17 assists in 53 career NHL outings with the Islanders.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Ho-Sang will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Sound Tigers home game.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers take to the road this Friday, where they will face the Providence Bruins at 7:05 p.m. inside the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The game will air across the Sound Tigers Radio Network and may be viewed live via AHLTV. Pre-game coverage will begin at 6:45 p.m.
Packed Promotional Lineup: The Sound Tigers boast one of their most extensive and wide-ranging promotional schedules ever for the 2018-19 season. The fan-friendly calendar includes the return of popular themes like Hockey and Hops (Mar. 17) and Princess Night (Mar. 30). Regional hockey fans will also be elated for the addition of Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 23-24). View the full 2018-19 promotional schedule.
For additional details or to reserve a group outing for any giveaway or theme night, please call the Sound Tigers' front office at (203) 345-2300 ext 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2019
- Hot Hogs Roll to 8th Win in 10 Games with 5-2 Victory over Rampage - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Acquire Defenseman Darren Raddysh for Peter Holland - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Gear up for the Road with a Win - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Score Four Unanswered, Win 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Forward Cal O'Reilly from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Closes Trip with 5-2 Setback - San Diego Gulls
- Rocket Fall 4-3 to Belleville Senators in Overtime - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Fall Short against Moose - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Insider: Four Home Games in Six Days - Chicago Wolves
- Currie Earns First NHL Recall to Edmonton - Bakersfield Condors
- Marlies Rally Past Crunch, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Paul Beats Laval in Overtime - Belleville Senators
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 18-24 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Recall Bunting from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- 'Stretch Drive Hat Trick Pack' on Sale Now for Remaining Roadrunners Regular Season Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Kyle Rau to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Amerks Assign Powell to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Host Crunch for Family Day Game - Toronto Marlies
- Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bridgeport's Josh Ho-Sang Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Pink in the Rink Presented by Upstate Cancer Center February 23 - Syracuse Crunch
- Checkers to Host Miracle on Ice Night Friday - Charlotte Checkers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, February 18 - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 24
- Smith backstops first shutout with Bridgeport in the club's 11th straight win on a Sunday afternoon
- Bernier matches career high with Bridgeport's lone goal in Saturday loss
- Sound Tigers Face Bears, T-Birds this Weekend
- Gibson Returned on Loan by Islanders