Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team
SAN JOSE, Calif. - San Jose Earthquakes academy product goalkeeper JT Marcinkowski and midfielder Jackson Yueill have been called to the United States U-23 National Team for the upcoming friendlies on March 22 and March 24 against Egypt and the Netherlands, respectively. Both matches are set to kick off at 9 a.m. PT at the Pinatar Arena in San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain.
Marcinkowski, 21, signed a Homegrown Player contract with the club ahead of the 2018 season following three years at Georgetown University. He became the third product of the Quakes Academy to sign with the First Team following Tommy Thompson (2014) and Nick Lima (2017). During his rookie season, Marcinkowski started the final five matches of the MLS regular season, while also starting 24 games on loan with San Jose's USL affiliate Reno 1868 FC. His strong season in USL led him to be named Reno's Rookie of the Year.
After recording 13 shutouts in 24 appearances between the U-14 and U-18 levels, Marcinkowski competed for the U.S. U-20s at the 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship in Costa Rica and subsequent 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea.
Yueill, 21, was selected by the Earthquakes with the sixth overall pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft after just two years at UCLA. He has made 25 starts in 36 total appearances for San Jose since, tallying four assists.
Yueill has previously represented the U.S. at the U-18 and U-20 levels.
U.S. U-23 MNT Roster by Position (Club; Hometown)
GOALKEEPERS (2): Jonathan Klinsmann (Hertha BSC/GER; Newport Beach, Calif.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.)
DEFENDERS (9): Julian Araujo (LA Galaxy; Lompac, Calif.), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; Southend-on-Sea, England), Marco Farfan (Portland Timbers; Portland, Ore.), Jack Maher (Indiana; Caseyville, Ill.), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United/ENG; Trenton, N.J.), Donovan Pines (D.C. United; Clarksville, Md.), Lucas Pos (FC Lausanne-Sport/SUI; Irvine, Calif.), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; Milton Keyes, England), Miles Robinson (Atlanta United FC; Arlington, Mass.)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Derrick Jones (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Penn.), Cameron Lindley (Orlando City SC; Carmel, Ind.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.), Keaton Parks (New York City FC; Plano, Texas), Eryk Williamson (Portland Timbers; Alexandria, Va.), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; St. Paul, Minn.)
FORWARDS (6): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Josh Perez (LAFC; La Habra, Calif.), Emmanuel Sabbi (Hobro IK/DEN; Columbus, Ohio), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/GER; O'Fallon, MO), Tim Weah (Celtic FC/SCO; Rosedale, N.Y.), Haji Wright (Schalke/GER; Los Angeles, Calif.)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium - D.C. United
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Five Timbers Players Called in for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Derrick Jones Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History - D.C. United
- Injury Update: Florian Valot - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- 80 MLS Stars Set for National Team Action - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Quakes earn second win in last three matches; Hoesen tallies brace
- CEFCU Movie Night Series Returns to Avaya Stadium this Summer
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 15, 2019
- Yueill nets first MLS career goal in loss
- Quakes to Celebrate Earth Day with Activations on Match Day