Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams
ATLANTA - Atlanta United announced today that four players have received youth team international call-ups for the upcoming FIFA window from March 18-26. Ezequiel Barco (Argentina U-20), Andrew Carleton (U.S. U-20), Wesly Decas (Honduras U-20) and Miles Robinson (U.S. U-23) will join their respective teams during the international window. The 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup will take place in Poland from May 23-June 15.
Barco has eight appearances for Argentina's U-20 National Team. All eight appearances came during the U-20 South American Championship where Argentina finished in fourth place and earned a spot in the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Carleton and Robinson will join U.S. camps in San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain, with the following matches to be played at Pinatar Arena.
U-20 MNT vs. France - 10 a.m. ET
U-23 MNT vs. Egypt - 12 p.m. ET
U-23 MNT vs. Netherlands - 12 p.m. ET
U-20 MNT vs. Japan - 7 a.m. ET
Carleton has featured with the U.S. Youth National Team since 2015, beginning at the U-15 level. He represented the U-17 National Team at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India, helping to lead the team to the quarterfinals of the tournament. He started all five games and recorded two goals and three assists. He has 11 appearances and four goals with the U-17's and four appearances and one goal with the U-18's. Robinson has eight appearances for the U.S. U-20's, all coming in 2016.
Decas, signed by ATLUTD 2 on loan in February, has nine appearances for Honduras at the U-20 level.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium - D.C. United
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Five Timbers Players Called in for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Derrick Jones Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History - D.C. United
- Injury Update: Florian Valot - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- 80 MLS Stars Set for National Team Action - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- George Bello Named to USA Roster for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil
- Atlanta United Reaches Contract Extension with Miles Robinson
- Time Change: Round 1 Match vs. New England Now 1 p.m.
- Atlanta United Set to Host New England Revolution October 19
- Atlanta United Win 3-1 against New England Revolution