Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls
City returns to action this Saturday with a road trip to New Jersey to take on the New York Red Bulls. City are looking to bounce back from a 3-1 defeat at the hands of Montreal while Red Bull are coming off of a 4-1 win over San Jose over the weekend. Red Bull will be without Aaron Long due to international play. Here is what you need to know about our opponents:
Key Transactions The big loss for Red Bull this offseason was young starlet Tyler Adams who left for Red Bull Leipzig in the Bundesliga. Other names that left in the offseason include former Orlando City players Aurelien Collin, Tommy Redding and Carlos Rivas.
On the in, Red Bull were fairly quiet this offseason playing moneyball. The New Jersey side signed two homegrowns, picked up a Marcus Epps in the waiver draft and acquired Amro Tarek via a trade with City. The most notable acquisition was 18 year old forward Mathias Jorgensen from Odense Boldklub.
Who's Hot You would think Bradley Wright-Phillips is leading the way in goals, but Alex Muyl actually is setting the pace with two goals. In the assist department, Michael Amir Murillo leads the side with two.
Recent Form Red Bull are 1-0-1 in two games played to start the MLS season but they have two losses (2-0 and 4-2) to Santos Laguna in the CCL sandwiched in between those games.
Head-To-Head City are 3-5-1 (1-4-0 away) all-time against Red Bull. However, in the last two seasons, City and Red Bull have split the last four matches evenly with two wins for each side.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium - D.C. United
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Five Timbers Players Called in for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Derrick Jones Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History - D.C. United
- Injury Update: Florian Valot - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- 80 MLS Stars Set for National Team Action - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- City Furniture and Orlando City Soccer Club Launch "Delivering Hope" Program, Donating Beds to 100 Kids at October 4 Pajama Party
- Orlando City SC to Expand Presence in Osceola County
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor
- Orlando City Fall to Chicago Fire in Season Finale
- Storylines | City vs. Chicago Fire