Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium
Loudoun United FC have announced their Groundbreaking Ceremony on Tuesday, March 26 for their new home at Loudoun United Stadium. The ceremony will take place at Philip A. Bolen Park and will start at 5 PM ET.
Loudoun County have been working since October 2018 to clear the land for the first 5,000 seat stadium in county history. Loudoun United will play their inaugural match at the venue on Friday, August 9 against the Charlotte Independence. There will be 12 home games played at the stadium in 2019. Starting in 2020, the full 17-game home schedule in the USL Championship will be played at Loudoun United Stadium.
The stadium will be located at Philip A. Bolen Park in Leesburg, Va., and seat 5,000 people. The stadium will not only be home to Loudoun United FC matches, but will be positioned as a community gathering place that can be utilized for school graduations, concerts, festivals and more.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium - D.C. United
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Five Timbers Players Called in for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Derrick Jones Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History - D.C. United
- Injury Update: Florian Valot - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- 80 MLS Stars Set for National Team Action - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Colorado Rapids 3-2 on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Complimentary FloFC Subscriptions for Black-And-Red Fans in April