MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership
March 19, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
New York - MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and Major League Soccer (MLS) today announced a historic multi-year strategic partnership that establishes MGM Resorts as the league's first official gaming partner and Roar Digital (Roar), the joint venture between MGM and GVC, as the exclusive Official Sports Betting Partner of MLS.
The landmark deal provides MGM Resorts and Roar access to:
Enhanced MLS data for fans and sports betting customers
Television-visible signage for all 100+ nationally broadcast games
Unique MLS-themed promotions and sweepstakes utilizing MLS prizing
Match footage and photography
MLS talent and a host of mutually beneficial hospitality and event opportunities in Las Vegas and beyond
MLS and MGM Resorts, along with Roar Digital, will also develop an exclusive "Free to Play" game for fans to deepen fan engagement, drive adoption of sports betting in regulated states and build a base of potential sports bettors in states where regulation is still to be adopted.
The agreement grants MGM Resorts and Roar activation opportunities at major MLS events, including the MLS All-Star Game and the MLS Cup championship game. MGM Resorts and Roar will amplify the relationship by promoting a range of the companies' offerings, including Roar's playMGM mobile sports betting app, across league media platforms. MGM Resorts will also have an assortment of integrations across MLS social and digital channels, including an exclusive digital content series.
"Major League Soccer is proud to partner with MGM Resorts to bring existing and new fans close to our sport in innovative and immersive ways," said MLS Commissioner Don Garber. "MGM Resorts is a leader in sports betting, and they recognize the progress of our league and the growth of the sport in the United States and Canada. Together, we will deliver cutting-edge data and analytics to MLS fans, and fan engagement will be the driving force behind every initiative in our partnership."
"Major League Soccer offers some of the most exciting sports action in the business, and we couldn't be more excited to partner with the league as their official gaming partner," said MGM Resorts Chairman and CEO Jim Murren. "Pairing MLS action and real-time data and analytics with MGM Resorts' best-in-class sports betting operations and innovative technology and mobile offerings will truly wow soccer fans and showcase our shared commitment to providing a thrilling and immersive sports experience. We look forward to building on our growth and continued success as a sports, gaming and entertainment leader."
"This is a fantastic opportunity for Roar Digital and our customers," added Roar Digital CEO, Adam Greenblatt, "MLS is one of the fastest growing professional leagues in the world and has rapidly established a passionate fan-base throughout the United States. The partnership positions us to be able to offer our players a unique blend of best-in-class product and customer experience."
As a global leader in entertainment, MGM Resorts will work jointly with MLS to bring world-class soccer events and entertaining activations to fans in Las Vegas. Both organizations will work together to protect the integrity of MLS matches. For information on MGM Resorts' innovative responsible gambling program, visit www.mgmresorts.com/gamesense.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium - D.C. United
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Five Timbers Players Called in for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Derrick Jones Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History - D.C. United
- Injury Update: Florian Valot - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- 80 MLS Stars Set for National Team Action - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.