Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club announced today that three of its players have been called into national team duty for the upcoming international break. PrzemysÅaw Frankowski (Poland), Nicolas Hasler (Liechtenstein) and Djordje Mihailovic (U-23 USMNT) will report for international duty and return to the Fire ahead of the team's home match against the New York Red Bulls on Saturday, March 30 (12:00 p.m. CT, ESPN+, Univision Radio WRTO AM 1200).
Frankowski will join Poland for a pair of qualifying matches for the UEFA Euro 2020. On Thursday, March 21, Poland is set to face Austria at 2:45 p.m. CT at Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna, Austria in the team's first 2019 qualifying match. On Sunday, March 24, Frankowski and Poland will return to the National Stadium in Warsaw, Poland to face Latvia at 2:45 p.m. CT. Frankowski has earned four caps for Poland since making his debut with the senior team on March 23, 2018.
Hasler and Liechtenstein will begin its qualification for the UEFA Euro 2020 with a matchup against Greece on March 23 at 2:45 p.m. CT at Rheinpark Stadion in Vaduz, Liechtenstein. Three days later, Liechtenstein will travel to face Italy at Ennio Tardini in Parma, Italy on March 26 at 2:45 p.m. CT. Hasler made his senior team debut for Liechtenstein on Aug. 11, 2010 and has since earned 57 caps. He scored his first international goal against Bosnia-Herzegovina in a 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifier on Oct. 11, 2013. Hasler was named the 2018 Liechtensteiner Footballer of the Year.
Mihailovic will join the U-23 U.S. Men's National Team for its first matches of the 2020 U-23 cycle. The U-23s will face Egypt's U-23s on Friday, March 22, before taking on Holland's U-23 team on Sunday, March 24. Both games are scheduled to begin at 11:00 a.m. CT and will occur at the Pinatar Arena in San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain. Mihailovic has earned two caps for the United States at the senior team level, scoring a goal in his debut against Panama on Jan. 27, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 19, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Announce Groundbreaking Ceremony for Loudoun United Stadium - D.C. United
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to U.S. U-23 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Five Timbers Players Called in for International Duty - Portland Timbers
- Four Atlanta United Players Called-Up for Youth National Teams - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Midfielder Derrick Jones Receives International Call-Up - Philadelphia Union
- Frankowski, Hasler and Mihailovic Called up to International Duty - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Griffin Yow as 12th Homegrown in Club History - D.C. United
- Injury Update: Florian Valot - New York Red Bulls
- MGM Resorts International & Major League Soccer Announce Multi-Year Gaming Partnership - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
- Know Your Opponent | New York Red Bulls - Orlando City SC
- 80 MLS Stars Set for National Team Action - this Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire's Gabriel Slonina, Allan Rodriguez Called Up to U-15 U.S. Boys' National Team for 2019 Torneo Delle Nazioni
- Chicago Fire Academy Goalkeeper Damian Las Called up to U-17 U.S. Men's National Team for 2019 CONCACAF U-17 Championship
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 21, 2019
- Chicago Fire Dominates the Colorado Rapids in 4-1 Win
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 15, 2019