Marauders Wallop Fire Frogs 14-4
KISSIMMEE, FL - In the first full nine inning contest for the Bradenton Marauders since last Friday, the road side was able to clinch a series victory in the fifth game of a rain filled series against the Florida Fire Frogs. Bradenton's 14 runs marked a season best and their 15 hits finished two shy of a high mark on the season as well.
Florida led heading in to the third inning, but a seven run outburst from the Marauders including a trio of RBI doubles that amounted to half of the visiting team's offense. The 12 batter frame began with the first four batters reaching to set up Mason Martin for the first of his multi-RBI knock on the afternoon.
RHP Brad Case allowed the final pair of his four total runs allowed over six innings in the fourth, but did not allow a hit over the final two innings of his outing. Case earned the win thanks to a boat load of offense and three scoreless innings in relief from LHP Braeden Ogle and Hunter Stratton to finish the contest.
There were only two runs in which the Marauders did not score, and Martin finished with six runs batted in including his second home run of the day to bring his full season total to a Minor League leading 119. Every Bradenton batter had six plate appearances highlighted by Daniel Amaral reaching base in all six attempts including a double, a pair of RBIs and was hit by a pitch twice en route to scoring a team high three runs.
The Marauders head to Lakeland for a three game weekend series against the Flying Tigers beginning on Friday. RHP Conner Loeprich is slated to take the hill for Bradenton in a scheduled 6:30 start. Catch all the action with Matt Neverett on the Bradenton Marauders Baseball Network by visiting BradentonMarauders.com, TuneIn Radio, MiLB.tv, or the MiLB First Pitch app!
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from August 15, 2019
- Lillie Leads Daytona to Four-Hit Shutout of Charlotte - Daytona Tortugas
- Miller Time in Clearwater - Clearwater Threshers
- Daytona Drops Stone Crabs 5-0 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Marauders Wallop Fire Frogs 14-4 - Bradenton Marauders
- Miracle and St. Lucie Cancelled - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Finale Between Mets, Miracle Cancelled - St. Lucie Mets
- Tarpons Cancel Tonight's Game vs. Cardinals - Tampa Tarpons
- August 15th Game vs. Lakeland Rained Out - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Bradenton Blasts Florida, 14-4 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Weekend Home Series against Tampa Tarpons Moved to Steinbrenner Field - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Thu, Aug 15 at Daytona - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Beer Fest, Bob Ross Weekend Highlight Stellar Weekend at the Jack - Daytona Tortugas
- 'Tugas Tiptoe by Stone Crabs, 2-1 - Daytona Tortugas
- Dunedin Takes the Series in Clearwater - Dunedin Blue Jays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.