LumberKings to Honor Fallen Fire Fighter During Homestand
INTON, IA - The Clinton LumberKings come back home following the longest road trip of the season to host the Cedar Rapids Kernels for the first time in 2019. The homestand will feature Hometown Heroes Night on Saturday, May 18th with the LumberKings taking the field in Clinton Fire Department themed uniforms to honor the sacrifice of fallen fire fighter Eric Hosette and injured fire fighter Adam Cain. The homestand with the Kernels (Single-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins) will run from Thursday, May 16th through Sunday, May 19th.Tickets are available by calling (563) 243-0727 or by going online to www.lumberkings.com.
Thursday, May 16 at 6:30 p.m. | Gates open 5 p.m. | vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels |
The homestand begins with "Thirsty Thursday!" All fans 21 years and older can enjoy $2 select beers all game long sold throughout the ballpark.
Friday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. | Gates open 5 p.m. | vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels |
Come out to the ballpark on Friday and start your weekend early as the LumberKings take on the Kernels in game two of their four-game series. Enter the in-game raffle for a chance to win an Allegiant Airlines flight voucher for two!
Saturday, May 18 at 6:30 p.m. | Gates open 5 p.m. | vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels |
The Clinton LumberKings will pay tribute to fallen Clinton Firefighter Eric Hosette and injured fire fighter Adam Cain as part of Hometown Heroes Night. Clinton will take the field in Clinton Firefighter Department themed uniforms with a jersey auction to follow with the proceeds going to the Hosette family, Cain family, and Clinton Fire Department. Arrive early for a patriotic themed giveaway courtesy of Regalia Manufacturing.
Sunday, May 19 at 2:00 p.m. | Gates at 12:30 p.m. | vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels |
Day baseball returns to Clinton in the homestand and series finale. Bring the kids and take part in free face painting, balloon artists, and postgame kids run the bases courtesy of the Children's Discovery Center. The day will also feature Miss Clinton County as part of Princess Day. Come meet Miss Clinton County get your tierra and take pictures. The LumberKings will rebrand to the Clinton Elotes for the series finale as part of Copa de la Diversion!
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Beloit Earns Series Win after Split of Doubleheader - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Play in Front of 53rd Sellout in Stadium History - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Split DH in Front of Sellout Crowd - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Avoid Sweep with Historic 17-0 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings to Honor Fallen Fire Fighter During Homestand - Clinton LumberKings
- Cabezas Collars Bandits in Combined Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Akins Home Run Carries Kernels to 1-0 Win over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Top of Order Explodes to Sweep TinCaps - Lake County Captains
- Walk-Off Walk Finishes Sweep, 7-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Aw, 'Nuts: 'Caps Swept by Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- TinCaps Hot Hitting Not Enough in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- What Do You Know? Another Camels Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Loons Top Dragons 8-3 to Take Series Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 15 at Lake County (Game 37) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Wednesday (10:35 AM Game) - Dayton Dragons
- Infielder De Los Santos, Prospect Catcher Moreno Join Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Comeback Cubs Rally to Beat Hot Rods for 5th Straight Win - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Fall 6-5 in 11 Innings Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Wins Extra Innings Affair in Peoria - Beloit Snappers
- Franco Homers in 6-4 Loss on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.