Infielder De Los Santos, Prospect Catcher Moreno Join Lugnuts
LANSING, Mich. - In conjunction with the Toronto Blue Jays, the Lansing Lugnuts have received infielder Luis De Los Santos from A-Advanced Dunedin and catcher Gabriel Moreno from Extended Spring Training, placing shortstop Jordan Groshans on the 7-day Injured List (retroactive to May 14th) and transferred outfielder Dom Abbadessa to Extended Spring Training.
De Los Santos, 20, first debuted for the Lugnuts in 2017 when he replaced the promoted Bo Bichette for six games, hitting 3-for-21. In 2018, the native of Bajos de Haina, Dominican Republic, hit .246 with eight doubles, five triples, seven homers and nine stolen bases in 62 games with Bluefield.
Moreno, 19, is ranked by MLB.com as the No. 18 prospect in the Blue Jays organization. The native of Barquisimeto, Venezuela, tore up the Gulf Coast League in 2018 with a .413 batting average and 16 extra-base hits in 23 games, finishing with a .279 average in 17 games with Bluefield.
Lansing's official roster is attached, with 25 active players and nine players on the Injured List.
The Lugnuts (16-21) go for a three-game home sweep this morning at 10:35 a.m., hosting the West Michigan Whitecaps (16-20) on a Dog Days of Summer with dogs welcome to the ballpark! For tickets or more information, call (517) 485-4500 or visit lansinglugnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Beloit Earns Series Win after Split of Doubleheader - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Play in Front of 53rd Sellout in Stadium History - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Split DH in Front of Sellout Crowd - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Avoid Sweep with Historic 17-0 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings to Honor Fallen Fire Fighter During Homestand - Clinton LumberKings
- Cabezas Collars Bandits in Combined Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Akins Home Run Carries Kernels to 1-0 Win over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Top of Order Explodes to Sweep TinCaps - Lake County Captains
- Walk-Off Walk Finishes Sweep, 7-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Aw, 'Nuts: 'Caps Swept by Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- TinCaps Hot Hitting Not Enough in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- What Do You Know? Another Camels Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Loons Top Dragons 8-3 to Take Series Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 15 at Lake County (Game 37) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Wednesday (10:35 AM Game) - Dayton Dragons
- Infielder De Los Santos, Prospect Catcher Moreno Join Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Comeback Cubs Rally to Beat Hot Rods for 5th Straight Win - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Fall 6-5 in 11 Innings Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Wins Extra Innings Affair in Peoria - Beloit Snappers
- Franco Homers in 6-4 Loss on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.