Chiefs Play in Front of 53rd Sellout in Stadium History
ORIA, IL - The Peoria Chiefs played an Education Day double header in front of 7,837 fans, the 53rd sellout in Dozer Park history. The crowd is the largest since 8,370 filled the stadium on July 4, 2015 and the largest for a day game since 8,179 attended the April 28, 2009 contest.
Most of the fans on hand were on school field trips as part of the Chiefs Education Day program as students traveled with their teachers and classmates from throughout Central Illinois. Nearly 70 different schools were represented at Dozer Park on Wednesday with the largest groups coming from Peoria High School and Morton Jr. High School with 275 tickets each. Overall close to 150 school buses transported the students to downtown Peoria, some traveling as far as LaSalle-Peru, Springfield or Tolono.
"This is what big days at the ballpark are all about, especially with kids being here and us getting the opportunity to introduce a young fanbase to Peoria Chiefs baseball," said Chiefs General Manager Jason Mott. "We thank the teachers and administrators throughout Central Illinois for working with us on these Education Day programs and our entire front office staff for executing our biggest day at Dozer Park in two seasons."
Four of the Chiefs last five sellouts were for July 4 games from 2014-2017. The last non-July 4 game to be a sell out was an Education Day game on May 10, 2017 as 7,073 kids watched the Chiefs face the West Michigan Whitecaps. Wednesday's crowd was the largest for a field trip game since 8,179 attended on April 28, 2009 against Cedar Rapids.
Tickets and Promotions:
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Beloit Earns Series Win after Split of Doubleheader - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Play in Front of 53rd Sellout in Stadium History - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Split DH in Front of Sellout Crowd - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Avoid Sweep with Historic 17-0 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings to Honor Fallen Fire Fighter During Homestand - Clinton LumberKings
- Cabezas Collars Bandits in Combined Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Akins Home Run Carries Kernels to 1-0 Win over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Top of Order Explodes to Sweep TinCaps - Lake County Captains
- Walk-Off Walk Finishes Sweep, 7-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Aw, 'Nuts: 'Caps Swept by Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- TinCaps Hot Hitting Not Enough in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- What Do You Know? Another Camels Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Loons Top Dragons 8-3 to Take Series Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 15 at Lake County (Game 37) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Wednesday (10:35 AM Game) - Dayton Dragons
- Infielder De Los Santos, Prospect Catcher Moreno Join Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Comeback Cubs Rally to Beat Hot Rods for 5th Straight Win - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Fall 6-5 in 11 Innings Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Wins Extra Innings Affair in Peoria - Beloit Snappers
- Franco Homers in 6-4 Loss on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 16
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Bobble Heads and Theme Ticket Packages
- Chiefs Announce 2020 Fireworks Dates
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff