Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Wednesday (10:35 AM Game)
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 l Game # 38
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 10:35 a.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (12-24) at Great Lakes Loons (20-13)
RH Alexis Diaz (4-1, 7.29) vs. RH Jeronimo Castro (1-3, 4.21)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the rubber match of a three-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons snapped a four-game losing streak last night. They won four of the previous six before the losing streak.
Last Game: Tuesday: Dayton 4, Great Lakes 3. Pabel Manzanero hit a home run and drove in two runs while four Dragons pitchers combined to allow only three hits. The Dayton bullpen combined to go 4.2 innings and allow just one hit and one run, protecting a 4-3 lead for the final 3.2 innings of the game. The Dragons scored runs in each of the first three innings of the game, the first time they scored in three straight innings since April 24. Dragons hitters struck out only five times in the game as three of the four Dayton runs came on productive outs including two sacrifice flies. The Dragons drew a season-high eight walks. Defensively, the Dragons turned three double plays including a big one in the ninth inning after the lead-off man had drawn a walk.
The Dragons have posted an ERA in the first two games of the current series in Midland of 2.12. They have not had an ERA of under 3.00 in a three-game series this season.
The Dragons are 8-2 when holding the opponent to three runs or less including last night's win.
The Dragons have committed just 10 errors in their last 14 games.
Pabel Manzanero has hit safely in five straight games, going 6 for 20 (.300) with a home run, two doubles, and three RBI.
Shard Munroe has a four-game hitting streak, going 4 for 15, .267.
Andy Cox has posted an ERA in May of 1.42, allowing just one run in 6.1 innings. He has allowed just four hits and two walks with eight strikeouts.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Thursday, May 16 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH James Marinan (1-4, 6.23) at South Bend LH Faustino Carrera (3-2, 3.18)
Friday, May 17 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-4, 4.99) at South Bend RH Riley Thompson (2-1, 1.86)
Saturday, May 18 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-2, 3.99) at South Bend LH Brailyn Marquez (1-0, 2.52)
Sunday, May 19 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Ricky Salinas (1-0, 3.63) at South Bend RH Derek Casey (2-1, 5.06)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 15, 2019
- Beloit Earns Series Win after Split of Doubleheader - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Play in Front of 53rd Sellout in Stadium History - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Split DH in Front of Sellout Crowd - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Avoid Sweep with Historic 17-0 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- LumberKings to Honor Fallen Fire Fighter During Homestand - Clinton LumberKings
- Cabezas Collars Bandits in Combined Shutout - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Akins Home Run Carries Kernels to 1-0 Win over River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Top of Order Explodes to Sweep TinCaps - Lake County Captains
- Walk-Off Walk Finishes Sweep, 7-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Aw, 'Nuts: 'Caps Swept by Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- TinCaps Hot Hitting Not Enough in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- What Do You Know? Another Camels Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Loons Top Dragons 8-3 to Take Series Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 15 at Lake County (Game 37) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Wednesday (10:35 AM Game) - Dayton Dragons
- Infielder De Los Santos, Prospect Catcher Moreno Join Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Comeback Cubs Rally to Beat Hot Rods for 5th Straight Win - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Fall 6-5 in 11 Innings Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Beloit Wins Extra Innings Affair in Peoria - Beloit Snappers
- Franco Homers in 6-4 Loss on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.