Legends Hold on to 4-2 Victory over Tourists in Game Two
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends held on to an early lead and took game two from the Asheville Tourists, 4-2. The Legends hold on to the top spot in the Southern Division and are now 25-19 in the second half of the season.
The Legends plated their first run in the bottom of the first inning. MJ Melendez lined a double down the right field line then scored on an RBI single by Seuly Matias.
Lexington scored again in the bottom of the second inning. Carlos Diaz hit a single to left field then was able to score on an RBI single up the middle by Cristian Perez. After the second, the Legends led 2-0.
In the bottom of the fourth inning, Diaz led off with a single to left field then moved to second base when Perez drew a walk. An RBI single by Melendez brought home Diaz. Nick Pratto then followed that up with an RBI single of his own scoring Perez, and the Legends led 4-0.
The Tourists scored their only runs in the top of the fifth inning. Jeff Moberg lined a single to left field then scored on an RBI double by Nic Motley. Matt Hearn then pounded an RBI triple to deep right centerfield, plating Motley and Asheville was on the board, 4-2.
Yefri Del Rosario earned the victory for the Legends pitching 6.0 innings allowing two runs on four hits while walking one and striking out four. Frederis Parra was given the loss tossing 6.0 innings allowing four runs (three earned) on nine hits while walking one and striking out five.
The Legends and Tourists meet for the series finale tomorrow, August 9 at 7:05 p.m. Lexington will send RHP Charlie Neuweiler (2-0, 2.61 ERA) to face Asheville's LHP Lucas Gilbreath (5-8, 5.22 ERA).
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Yefri Del Rosario of the Lexington Legends
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 8, 2018
- GreenJackets Walk-Off Suns in Rain Shortened DH - Hagerstown Suns
- Anderson Delivers Strong Start as 'Dads Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Pitching Duel Goes to Rome 1-0 - Rome Braves
- Wednesday's Double Header Goes to Crawdads and Mother Nature - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Dogs Pile on Five in Opening Frame to Roll over BlueClaws - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Dominate Fireflies in Wednesday's 7-1 Win - Greenville Drive
- Winaker's Impressive On-Base Streak Rolls On - Columbia Fireflies
- Dogs Top Claws 7-2 Wednesday Night in Charleston - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Resilient GreenJackets Walk-Off in Game One - Augusta GreenJackets
- Wednesday's Game Postponed - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Wednesday's Road Contest in Greensboro Postponed - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 8 vs. Greenville (Game 111) - Columbia Fireflies
- Legends Hold on to 4-2 Victory over Tourists in Game Two - Lexington Legends
- Mistakes Continue in Second Straight Loss to Legends - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws Playoff Tickets on Sale August 15th - Lakewood BlueClaws
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (August 8) - West Virginia Power
- Preview: New Kids on the Block - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- SRP Park wins BaseballParks.com's Ballpark of the Year - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Walk off on Tourists in 7-6 Victory - Lexington Legends
- Emotional Game Twists and Turns Legends' Way - Asheville Tourists
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.