Anderson Delivers Strong Start as 'Dads Win
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads defeated the Kannapolis Intimidators 2-1 on Wednesday night. The victory gives the 'Dads a 10-8 lead in the Battle of the Backroads season series against the Intimidators.
The Intimidators got the first run of the game, scoring in the third inning off 'Dads starter Reid Anderson.
Sam Huff tied the game in the bottom of the fifth inning with his team-leading sixteenth homerun of the season.
In the bottom of the sixth, the 'Dads scored again to take a 2-1 lead. Bubba Thompson reached on a bunt single. He got himself in scoring position with his twenty fourth steal of the year. Thompson advanced to third as Yonny Hernandez grounded out. Ryan Dorow singled to left to bring Thompson in to score.
On the mound, Reid Anderson picked up his sixth win of the season, pitching seven innings and giving up only one earned run. Demarcus Evans came in relief and pitched two scoreless innings, notching his sixth save of the season.
The series will wrap up tomorrow night with Thirsty Thursday. There will also be the annual Battle of the Bags corn hole tournament starting at 6pm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 8, 2018
- GreenJackets Walk-Off Suns in Rain Shortened DH - Hagerstown Suns
- Anderson Delivers Strong Start as 'Dads Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Pitching Duel Goes to Rome 1-0 - Rome Braves
- Wednesday's Double Header Goes to Crawdads and Mother Nature - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Dogs Pile on Five in Opening Frame to Roll over BlueClaws - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Dominate Fireflies in Wednesday's 7-1 Win - Greenville Drive
- Winaker's Impressive On-Base Streak Rolls On - Columbia Fireflies
- Dogs Top Claws 7-2 Wednesday Night in Charleston - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Resilient GreenJackets Walk-Off in Game One - Augusta GreenJackets
- Wednesday's Game Postponed - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Wednesday's Road Contest in Greensboro Postponed - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 8 vs. Greenville (Game 111) - Columbia Fireflies
- Legends Hold on to 4-2 Victory over Tourists in Game Two - Lexington Legends
- Mistakes Continue in Second Straight Loss to Legends - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws Playoff Tickets on Sale August 15th - Lakewood BlueClaws
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (August 8) - West Virginia Power
- Preview: New Kids on the Block - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- SRP Park wins BaseballParks.com's Ballpark of the Year - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Walk off on Tourists in 7-6 Victory - Lexington Legends
- Emotional Game Twists and Turns Legends' Way - Asheville Tourists
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.