Resilient GreenJackets Walk-Off in Game One
North Augusta, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, won 7-6 in game one of their doubleheader with the Hagerstown Sun. Game two was then postponed due to rain. Tomorrow will now be a doubleheader with the Suns, with game one starting at 6:05 pm. Both games will be seven innings, with game two of the series following 30 minutes after the completion of game one. Gates will open at 5:30 pm.
In game one, the GreenJackets were down 4-0 by the third inning. With 2-outs and two men on base, Ismael Munguia responded with a single to score both runners. Next Orlando Garcia would hit his seventh home run of the season to tie the game at four.
In both the fifth and sixth inning, the GreenJackets would surrender a run to lose the lead. Each time the GreenJackets would rally to tie the game. In the fifth inning, Munguia again singled into right field to score Malique Ziegler. In the sixth inning, Jacob Gonzalez doubled to score Manuel Geraldo to tie the game once again at six. The GreenJackets overcame a deficit three different times in game one.
In the bottom of the seventh inning, Munguia would once again be the hero as he knocked in Ziegler from third with an infield single. Munguia would end the night with four RBIs on the game.
For tomorrows doubleheader, the GreenJackets will be having Live Healthy Night and Soccer Night! All night there will be games and activities promoting healthy living! We will also have Atlanta United giveaways as well! Get your tickets at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 8, 2018
- GreenJackets Walk-Off Suns in Rain Shortened DH - Hagerstown Suns
- Anderson Delivers Strong Start as 'Dads Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Pitching Duel Goes to Rome 1-0 - Rome Braves
- Wednesday's Double Header Goes to Crawdads and Mother Nature - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Dogs Pile on Five in Opening Frame to Roll over BlueClaws - Charleston RiverDogs
- Drive Dominate Fireflies in Wednesday's 7-1 Win - Greenville Drive
- Winaker's Impressive On-Base Streak Rolls On - Columbia Fireflies
- Dogs Top Claws 7-2 Wednesday Night in Charleston - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Resilient GreenJackets Walk-Off in Game One - Augusta GreenJackets
- Wednesday's Game Postponed - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Wednesday's Road Contest in Greensboro Postponed - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 8 vs. Greenville (Game 111) - Columbia Fireflies
- Legends Hold on to 4-2 Victory over Tourists in Game Two - Lexington Legends
- Mistakes Continue in Second Straight Loss to Legends - Asheville Tourists
- BlueClaws Playoff Tickets on Sale August 15th - Lakewood BlueClaws
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (August 8) - West Virginia Power
- Preview: New Kids on the Block - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- SRP Park wins BaseballParks.com's Ballpark of the Year - Augusta GreenJackets
- Legends Walk off on Tourists in 7-6 Victory - Lexington Legends
- Emotional Game Twists and Turns Legends' Way - Asheville Tourists
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.