Leblebijian, Jansen Topping All-Star Voting Categories
The 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game is fast approaching and there is still time to vote for the Bisons! Votes can be cast HERE and the ballot is open until June 22.
Catcher Danny Jansen and third baseman Jason Leblebijian are the leading vote-getters at their respective positions, and for good reason.
Jansen is slashing a team-best .309 batting average. He has also tallied four home runs and 36 RBI in addition to collecting 51 hits this season.
Leblebijian, a 2017 All-Star, holds a team-high 10 home runs hit in 2018 and also has a .276 batting average and 35 RBI on the year. He is coming off a strong series against Lehigh Valley in which he registered seven hits and six RBI including a grand slam on June 11.
Several other Bisons rank high on the ballot as well. Tim Lopes is currently second in votes for the second base spot. He is batting .297 with 10 stolen bases this season. Al Alburquerque is in the running for a spot as a relief pitcher and currently sits in eighth place. He has a 2.86 ERA with 19 strikeouts and one win in 22 innings pitched. Richard Urena (SS) is the second-leading write-in candidate.
This year's All-Star Game will be hosted at Huntington Park in Columbus on Wednesday, July 11. Get to the polls before it's too late and vote to send the Bisons to the All-Star Game!
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Allard, Franco Carry Stripers to 3-2 Victory in Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- Three-Run Ninth Not Enough as Hens Fall Short - Toledo Mud Hens
- RailRiders Explode in Tenth, Top Chiefs in Extras - Syracuse Mets
- Senzel Goes 2-For-4 in Bats Loss - Louisville Bats
- Dosch, Rosa Lead Tides over Charlotte - Norfolk Tides
- Kingham Throws Gem as Indians Blast Hens - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Drop Opener to Lehigh Valley, 8-1 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Thursday's Opener to Tides 6-4 - Charlotte Knights
- Extra in Extras: Six-Run 10th Inning Gives RailRiders 9-5 Win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Stripers Edge Bulls in Series Opener - Durham Bulls
- Plates Beat Wings for First Ever Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Pigs Fly Past PawSox 8-1 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Wings Fall to Plates 3-1 - Buffalo Bisons
- Leblebijian, Jansen Topping All-Star Voting Categories - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (34-29) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (39-25) - Indianapolis Indians
- Jose Canseco's Legends Series Schedule Set - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Durham Bulls Game Notes - Thursday, June 16, 2018 - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes: June 14 - Louisville Bats
- Order's Up: Buffalo Wings Baseball Is Here - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Rochester (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Clippers Field Staff to Pilot IL All-Star Team in Columbus - IL
- Clippers Field Staff to Pilot IL All-Star Team in Columbus - Columbus Clippers
- Gwinnett Stripers Homestand Highlights: June 19-24 - Gwinnett Stripers
- LHV Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Minor League Baseball Joins the Derrick Hall Pro-State Foundation to Raise Prostate Cancer Awareness - IL
- Clippers Drop Game Three in Louisville - Columbus Clippers
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons' Announce 'Season of Giving'; Team to Make Ticket Donation with Every Ticket Pack Purchased in December
- Minor League Baseball Named "Most Family Friendly" Per Sports Business Journal Survey
- Rich Baseball Operations President Jonathan Dandes to be Awarded Niagara University's Caritas Medal
- The Long History of Former Bisons as World Series Managers
- Sahlen Field - the New Home of the Herd