Leal Goal Downs Impact
HARRISON, New Jersey - The Montreal Impact lost 1-0 against Nashville SC on Tuesday night, at Red Bull Arena, in Harrison, New Jersey. Randall Leal scored the game-winning goal in the 33rd minute. The Impact will play its next game on Sunday, at 7:30pm ET (TVA Sports, TSN, 98,5fm, TSN 690) against Orlando City SC, at Red Bull Arena.
NSH - Randall Leal (Alex Muyl) 33'
NSH - Walker Zimmerman 90' +3'
MTL - Jorge Corrales 53'
MTL - Jukka Raitala 80'
MTL - Luis Binks 90'
MTL - Gk-Clément Diop; D-Jorge Corrales, Luis Binks, Joel Waterman, Jukka Raitala; M-Victor Wanyama, Samuel Piette (Mason Toye 89'), Bojan, Emanuel Maciel (Amar Sejdic 72'); F-Romell Quioto, Maximiliano Urruti (Orji Okwonkwo HT)
Subs not used: James Pantemis, Karifa Yao, Rudy Camacho, Shamit Shome, Tomas Giraldo, Anthony Jackson-Hamel
NSH - Gk-Joe Willis; D-Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Walker Zimmerman; M-Dax McCarty, Alistair Johnston, Anibal Godoy (Brian Anunga 76'), Derrick Jones (Abu Danladi 76'), Alex Muyl; F-Randall Leal (Taylor Washington 86'), Daniel Rios (Jhonder Cadiz 61')
Subs not used: Elliot Panicco, Jack Maher, Eric Miller, Jalil Anibaba, Matt LaGrassa
"We talked about it after every game. Once again, we didn't cover the run. Whether you play a back four or a back five, you will get punish. That's a big mistake. We don't shoot and we don't cross the ball enough. We find ourselves in good situations, but we don't shoot on goal. We have to congratulate Nashville, who played well. They were alert and their striker made the run and scored."
"I made a foul and they played really fast. I don't remember if they had other good opportunities than that. But it's a very bad goal to concede. We still have two big games to go. Our focus is now on Sunday with another big game for us. We need to remain positive and win that game. It's not a fun situation but it is what it is. We have to accept it and we can't hide behind it. When we play football we need to focus on the game."
"I'm under the impression that Nashville played their game well. They knew we are good in possession. Their defensive block was so low that it was tough to get through. We did everything to comeback to the score after the mistake on their goal. We also lacked opportunism and didn't create enough chances. Orlando will come out strong, but we can compete against any team. It's on us to show the passion and desire to try and keep our playoff position."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.