#FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know
Sixth-place FC Dallas (6-5-7, 25 points) hosts 10th-place Inter Miami CF (6-11-3, 21 points) on Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 7:30PM CT in a match presented by Pepsi. It's the first and only meeting between the teams this season.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvMIA
TV: 7:00PM on FOX Sports Southwest and the FCDTV Network
Streaming: 7:00PM CT on FCDallas.com/Stream, ESPN+ (outside of the DFW market)
Radio: 7PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and1270AM (Spanish),
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts Houston Dynamo on Oct. 31 at 2:30PM CT at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by Papa John's.
5 Things to Know about #FCDvMIA
Wednesday's match will see the return of two familiar faces to Toyota Stadium. Brek Shea and Victor Ulloa played a combined 242 regular season games for FC Dallas before seeking pastures new and eventually reuniting in Miami for its debut season. Ulloa, in particular, was among the first FC Dallas Academy graduates to establish themselves in the club's first team, paving the way for the litany of Homegrown players we now see in FCD's starting lineup week in and week out.
FC Dallas' defensive record has greatly contributed to its success so far this season. The team has conceded 20 goals in 18 games, good for second-best in the Western Conference. After a blip in Nashville last week that saw Dallas concede three, FCD's backline returned to form against Real Salt Lake and earned its third shutout in its last six games. Plus, defensive stalwart Matt Hedges returned and played 20 minutes after missing the previous two outings with a muscle strain.
Jara vs. HiguaÃn
Wednesday's match could feature veteran Argentinian forwards on each team. Both Dallas' Franco Jara and Inter's Gonzalo HiguaÃn joined MLS in 2020 after prolific careers in foreign leagues. So far, Jara is FCD's leading scorer with five goals and his counterpart has registered one goal and an assist since joining Miami from Juventus in the summer. HiguaÃn was suspended for his team's last game but is eligible to return for Wednesday at Toyota Stadium.
Against Inter Miami
This week's matchup will be the first time FC Dallas faces off against Inter Miami CF in MLS play. The teams met earlier this year in Florida during preseason but Wednesday's game will be their first face-off with points on the line. Dallas has a 9-6-4 all-time record in first games against expansion sides and a 14-2-3 record against teams who are playing at Toyota Stadium for the first time.
About Inter Miami
Inter Miami had a tough start to life in MLS and registered just three wins over its first 15 games. Since then, however, the expansion side's form has improved markedly and has earned three wins in its last five. Last time out, Miami earned a 2-1 victory over in-state rivals Orlando City SC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Falls 1-0 to Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium