Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC
ATLANTA - Atlanta United returns to action Wednesday against Orlando City SC at Exploria Stadium. The match will be nationally televised on FS1 and FOX Deportes at 7:30 p.m. ET and transmitted on Sports Radio 92.9 The Game and La Mejor.
For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes. MLS Media Assets can be found here.
Atlanta holds an all-time record of 7-1-4 against Orlando City SC and a 5-0-1 record on the road in the series. This will be the fourth match between the teams in 2020 with Orlando winning once and two matches ending in draws.
Atlanta sits in 12th place in the Eastern Conference standings with 19 points, two points below Inter Miami CF for the final playoff spot with three regular season games remaining. Orlando is fourth in the standings with 32 points and has clinched a playoff berth for the first time in club history.
Jon Gallagher scored his team-leading fourth goal of the season in Atlanta's 2-1 loss to D.C. United on Saturday and Brooks Lennon recorded his third assist. Lennon leads MLS with 27 successful open crosses.
George Bello is the second-youngest player with at least 1,000 minutes played in MLS this season. The 18-year-old Homegrown left back has logged a career-high 1382 minutes.
Orlando is coming off a 2-1 loss at Inter Miami CF, which snapped a club record 12-game unbeaten streak. Rookie Daryl Dike scored his fifth goal of the season, while Chris Mueller leads the team in goals (eight) and assists (six).
Wednesday, Oct. 28 | Exploria Stadium, Orlando, GFL 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (5-11-4, 19 points) vs. Orlando City SC (8-3-8, 32 points)
TV | FS1/FOX Deportes
English Radio | 92.9 The Game
Spanish Radio | La Mejor
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United to face Club America on Dec. 16 at 8 p.m. EST in 2020 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinal
- Atlanta United Announce Year-End Roster Moves
- Atlanta United Announces Provisional Roster for Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery
- MLS Unveils 2020 Best-Selling Jerseys; Josef Martinez Only Player to Rank Top-Three in Each of the Past Four Seasons