Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United
Another for the Rookie
Forward Daryl Dike found the back of the net for the fifth time this year on Saturday against Inter Miami, good for his eighth total goal contribution on the year. Selected fifth-overall by the Lions at the 2020 MLS SuperDraft out of the University of Virginia, Dike has appeared in 14 matches for City this season, sitting at second in Club history in goals scored by a rookie in their debut season behind only former Lions forward Cyle Larin.
Contributing on Both Ends
Defender Antonio Carlos registered his first assist this year on Saturday off Dike's 12th-minute finish, the first of his MLS career. The Brazilian center back now has two goal contributions to his credit in his first season as a Lion, scoring his first MLS goal on Oct. 3 against the New York Red Bulls to add the insurance for City in second-half stoppage time. Antonio Carlos has appeared in all but three matches for the Lions this season, with 14 starts on his resume.
Facing the Five Stripes
The Lions hold a 1-0-2 record against their neighbors to the north this season, with a 3-1 victory in that stretch, as well as a draw both at home and on the road. The last matchup between the two resulted in a scoreless draw at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Oct. 7, with Brian Rowe earning his first start of the year in that match en route to the Lions' third shutout of the 2020 campaign.
Defending the Fortress
City holds a 5-0-3 record at home this season, with a +9 goal differential in The City Beautiful. Seven different Lions have found the back of the net at Exploria Stadium in 2020, with the team scheduled to play three of their final four regular-season matches in downtown Orlando heading into the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs as one of two unbeaten teams at home this season, along with the Philadelphia Union.
Welcome to the Party
Forward Matheus AiÃ¡s made his Orlando City debut on Saturday at Inter Miami, entering in second-half stoppage time for Andrés Perea, becoming the 25th different player to appear for the Lions in their last 13 matches. Fellow new signing Alexander Alvarado made his first appearance in the team for the Lions as well, but did not see action on the afternoon.
Moving Up the Ranks
Lions' Head Coach Oscar Pareja is one win away from moving up a spot in the MLS All-Time Coaching Wins list, currently sitting in 10th on the list at 111 career victories. With a win on Sunday, Pareja would tie long-time New England Revolution boss Steve Nicol (112) and move one away from tying former D.C. United Head Coach Ben Olsen, who sits at eighth with 113. The Lions' currently sit tied for the third-most wins in the league this season with eight on their resume.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team
- City Falls to New England in Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Storylines: City vs. New England Revolution
- By the Numbers: the Conference Semifinals
- Orlando City Hosts New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals