Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (8-3-8, 32 points) returns to The City Beautiful on Wednesday, Oct. 28 to host Atlanta United FC (5-11-4, 19 points) at Exploria Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET with a limited number of tickets available to purchase here.
The match will be nationally broadcast on FS1 and Fox Deportes, while being transmitted on Real Radio 104.1 in English and AcciÃ³n 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish.
"I think Atlanta has an urgency. They have a few games to qualify for the playoffs and I think that urgency will obviously create some pressure, but we will be ready for the game too. For us we are pursuing now a different interest in qualifying for the first four at least," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said. "To have them in this situation when we can not just add three points, but we can win a game that is so important for them obviously means a lot, but we're always concentrating on what we can do and the objectives that we are aiming for."
The Lions will look to earn points against the Five Stripes for the fourth time this year, with a win and two draws on their resume against their neighbors to the north this season, including a shutout at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in a scoreless draw on Oct. 7.
City enters the match looking to bounce back from a 2-1 loss at Inter Miami this past Saturday. Daryl Dike struck first with his fifth finish of the year in the 12th minute of the match, but an own goal by the Lions and an 89th minute game-winner from Leandro GonzÃ¡lez Pirez gave all three points to the home side.
Chris Mueller leads the Lions with eight goals and six assists this season, with Nani and Daryl Dike following with five finishes apiece in 2020.
Atlanta comes into the midweek after dropping a 2-1 decision to D.C. United at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Saturday. Russell Canouse opened the scoring in the 77th minute for the visitors, only to be answered by a finish from Jon Gallagher in the 89th. However, D.C. would strike once more with a 92nd minute game-winner from Gelmin Rivas to give all three points to the visitors on the night.
Gallagher leads Atlanta with four goals this season, followed by six others with two apiece. Brooks Lennon, Ezequiel Barco and Jürgen Damm sit tied for the team lead in assists at three each.
Following Wednesday's match, the Lions will head back out on the road for the final time in regular-season play, traveling to face the Montreal Impact on Sunday, Nov. 1 at Red Bull Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team
- City Falls to New England in Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Storylines: City vs. New England Revolution
- By the Numbers: the Conference Semifinals
- Orlando City Hosts New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals