Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election
DENVER - Denver Clerk and Recorder Paul LÃ³pez and the Secretary of State Jena Griswold announced that Denver Elections will be partnering with Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) to use the newly renamed Ball Arena as a Vote Service and Polling Center (VSPC) for the General Election in November.
"We are so excited to be partnering with Kroenke Sports & Entertainment to provide a supersized vote center for Denver voters this election. Although most voters take advantage of the safest and most convenient option to vote their mail ballot at home, we know that many Denverites will benefit from the Ball Arena's central location near the growing Union Station neighborhood and Auraria campus," said Paul LÃ³pez, Denver Clerk and Recorder.
In addition to working with Denver Elections, the Colorado Secretary of State office, the National Basketball Association, National Hockey League, Major League Soccer and the National Football League, KSE has teamed with several other nonpartisan groups focused on empowering and encouraging all eligible voters to register and activate their votes.
Included in this group are: I am a Voter , More than a Vote, Rally the Vote ( https://rallythevote.org/), RISE , Rock the Vote , When We all Vote and Unidos ( https://www.unidosus.org/issues/voting/).
"We are proud that for the first time ever Ball Arena will host in-person voting services," said KSE Vice Chairman Josh Kroenke. "Our players, employees and fans, as well as election officials and nonpartisan voting organizations, ask that we help facilitate greater access for all Coloradoans to cast their ballots leading to the general election. Voting is one of the greatest rights and responsibilities in our democracy. Regardless of political affiliation, exercising the right to vote is the most impactful way to have our voices heard on a local, state and national level."
Added KSE Vice President of Community Relations Deb Dowling: "For those Coloradoan voters who haven't yet participated in the record-setting absentee voting and prefer to cast their ballots in person, they can do so at Ball Arena starting Friday, October 30 and continuing through election day on Tuesday, November 3 with the exception of Sunday, November 1. Drive-through drop-off/curbside services also will be made available during posted hours. We ask that voters continue to wear masks and practice social distancing."
The Ball Arena will serve as the 36th VSPC in the City & County of Denver and will be open for the final four days of voting from Friday, October 30th through the final day to vote on Tuesday, November 3rd. In addition to in-person voter registration and voting services, the Elections Division will also open a drive-through drop off and curbside ballot pick-up service at Ball Arena (1000 Chopper Circle, Denver, 80204), offering another convenient, and contact-free option for voters.
Using sports facilities is a new nationwide initiative spearheaded by Secretaries of State across the country working closely with local municipalities and their sports teams.
"Using Ball Arena as a voting center not only creates more safe access for voters, but also brings more awareness to voting in general," said Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold. "Given the challenges of conducting an election during COVID-19, it's important to be creative in order to give voters safe options. I'm grateful that Denver Elections and the team at Kroenke Sports & Entertainment were able to bring this unique opportunity to fruition for Denver voters."
For more information on hours of voter service hours of operation at Ball Arena, visit www.denvervote.org/voterinfo.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- In 2020, the Colorado Rapids Took Steps Toward Future Success
- Minnesota United FC Oust Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: November 22, 2020
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020