FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Today, D.C. United and FanDuel Group, the premier online gaming company in the United States, announced a multi-year partnership designating FanDuel the exclusive sports betting sponsor of D.C. United. The cornerstone of the partnership is a plan to open a retail sportsbook at Audi Field in 2021, pending licensing and regulatory approvals from the DC Lottery. The deal marks the first sports betting partnership for FanDuel with a Major League Soccer team.
D.C. United and FanDuel Group plan to debut a world-class FanDuel Sportsbook retail experience in one of the current club areas in Audi Field in 2021, pending licensing and regulatory approvals from the DC Lottery.
Upon its debut, the world-class retail FanDuel Sportsbook will feature various betting windows and self-service betting terminals available to sports fans 365 days a year. The FanDuel Sportsbook will feature bets on all major U.S. sports, including professional soccer, baseball, football, basketball, golf, boxing, motorsports racing and more.
"D.C. United is looking forward to the opportunity of working with a first-rate operator in this new and exciting space," said Sam Porter, Chief Strategy Officer of D.C. United. "The FanDuel Sportsbook is best-in-class and we believe their expertise, technology, and product will provide our fans, guests at Audi Field, and the Buzzard Point neighborhood a full-slate of entertainment options."
"As we continue to expand our nationwide footprint, joining forces with one of the MLS' most iconic clubs allows us to bring America's #1 Sportsbook to the nation's capital," said Matt King, CEO, FanDuel Group. "We're partnering with D.C. United to elevate the fan experience at Audi Field and bring the DMV area an in-person sports gaming experience other parts of the US have come to know and love from FanDuel."
FanDuel currently has 12 retail sportsbooks in nine states (NY, NJ, PA, WV, MI, MS, IL, IN, and IA), and it provides mobile sports gambling in seven states (CO, IL, WV, IA, IN, NJ and PA).
D.C. United was advised by Bettor Capital on this strategic partnership.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 27, 2020
- Leal Goal Downs Impact - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Faces the Houston Dynamo Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake Travels to San Jose in Vital Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF to Open Stadium to Limited Number of Season Ticket Members on November 8 - Inter Miami CF
- Minnesota United FC vs. Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership - D.C. United
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: October 24, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls - New England Revolution
- Storylines: City vs. Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit FC Dallas on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Ball Arena to Serve as Voting Site During General Election - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC - October 27, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- #FCDvMIA: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Orlando City SC - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Returns Home to Face Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Sporting KC Visits FC Cincinnati on Wednesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: New York Travels to the Midwest to Face Chicago Fire FC - New York Red Bulls
- Top-Ranked, Top-Scoring Philadelphia to Face League's Best Defense - This Week in MLS - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Sign Academy Product Jacob Greene as 15th Homegrown Player in Club History
- D.C. United Lose 3-2 to the Montreal Impact in the Final Game of 2020
- D.C. United Lose 4-3 against the New England Revolution on the Road
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Columbus Crew SC at Audi Field
- FanDuel Group and D.C. United Announce Exclusive, Long-Term Partnership